Computer Magazine cover CDs

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Next » 12
Zaphod Feeblejocks Zaphod Feeblejocks
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Computer Magazine cover CDs

Here's one for you marketing gurus - has anyone approached computer magazines about
putting LibO on cover disks?

--
Zaphod



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs


"Zaphod Feeblejocks" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Here's one for you marketing gurus - has anyone approached computer
> magazines about
> putting LibO on cover disks?
>
> --
> Zaphod
>
>
>
.
Excellent point. OpenOffice.org is frequently on such CDs/DVDs!

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Zaphod Feeblejocks
I have the perfect magazine that might be willing to put LO as part of
their CD on their magazine. it is linuxformat.co.uk is their website :)

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

Le 09/02/11 09:38, Jonathan Aquilina a écrit :

Hi Jonathan,

> I have the perfect magazine that might be willing to put LO as part of
> their CD on their magazine. it is linuxformat.co.uk is their website :)
>

I thought (and I may be completely wrong here) they'd already done a
review when 3.3.0 final was released, and kind of said something akin to
"Yes, hmm, good, but not good enough"


Alex


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

mhenriday mhenriday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

2011/2/9 Alexander Thurgood <[hidden email]>

> Le 09/02/11 09:38, Jonathan Aquilina a écrit :
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> > I have the perfect magazine that might be willing to put LO as part of
> > their CD on their magazine. it is linuxformat.co.uk is their website :)
> >
>
> I thought (and I may be completely wrong here) they'd already done a
> review when 3.3.0 final was released, and kind of said something akin to
> "Yes, hmm, good, but not good enough"
>
>
> Alex
>

Did a search for LibreOffice on the *Linux Format* website, but with no
results....

Henri

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

Henri they are always looking for people to write articles. Its quite a
user contributed magazine. they also release Cd's with them. would be
interesting to get Libreoffice on one of their Cd's

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
mhenriday mhenriday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

2011/2/9 Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]>

> Henri they are always looking for people to write articles. Its quite a
> user contributed magazine. they also release Cd's with them. would be
> interesting to get Libreoffice on one of their Cd's
>

Jonathon, not living in the UK, I'm not so familiar with this mag, but I
certainly agree it would be interesting for LibreOffice to be included on
one of their CDs. I was merely disappointed that I couldn't find the review
to which Alex alluded above and hoped that some kind soul could point me in
the right direction. I'm particularly interested in reviews highlighting the
distinction (from a user's standpoint) between OOo and LibreOffice....

Henri

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Italo Vignoli-2 Italo Vignoli-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Zaphod Feeblejocks
On 2/8/11 8:20 PM, Zaphod Feeblejocks wrote:
> Here's one for you marketing gurus - has anyone approached computer magazines about
> putting LibO on cover disks?

Sorry, no gurus here, just volunteers. Yes, covermount CDs are one of
the topics we will cover with the press in the next few weeks, but it
will take some time to get there on a stable way.

In some geographies, LibreOffice is already inside covermount CDs.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile +39.348.5653829 - VoIP: +39.02.320621813
Skype: italovignoli - GTalk: [hidden email]

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Alex Thurgood
Alex I still feel someone like one of the devs should write an article
for this magazine, it will be good publicity, and maybe by 3.4 we can
work on getting it on their CD.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Gordon Burgess-Parker Gordon Burgess-Parker
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Alex Thurgood
On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 12:14 +0100, Alexander Thurgood wrote:

>
> I thought (and I may be completely wrong here) they'd already done a
> review when 3.3.0 final was released, and kind of said something akin to
> "Yes, hmm, good, but not good enough"
>

It's Open Office 3.3 on their latest issue - 10 reasons why it's not
quite ready for the big time...


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

is LO ready for the big time that is the question now. that would be
quite an interesting article to do a comparison between the 2 office suites.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Italo Vignoli-2
Italo whats your take on writing an article for the magazine i mentioned
in an earlier post?

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Italo Vignoli-2 Italo Vignoli-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

On 2/9/11 2:16 PM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> Italo whats your take on writing an article for the magazine i mentioned
> in an earlier post?

Articles are always welcome, but they should be agreed beforehand by the
editorial team of the magazine or the web site. I don't think, though,
that developers have the time to write articles now.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
E-mail: [hidden email]
Mobile +39.348.5653829 - VoIP: +39.02.320621813
Skype: italovignoli - GTalk: [hidden email]

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

On 02/09/2011 02:28 PM, Italo Vignoli wrote:
> On 2/9/11 2:16 PM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
>> Italo whats your take on writing an article for the magazine i mentioned
>> in an earlier post?
>
> Articles are always welcome, but they should be agreed beforehand by
> the editorial team of the magazine or the web site. I don't think,
> though, that developers have the time to write articles now.
>
Thing is they accept user based articles. im willing to do it once i get
some questions put together.

http://www.linuxformat.com/contact <-- there is where you can see they
accept user contributed articles.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by mhenriday
Le 09/02/11 13:07, M Henri Day a écrit :

Hi Henri,

>
> Jonathon, not living in the UK, I'm not so familiar with this mag, but I
> certainly agree it would be interesting for LibreOffice to be included on
> one of their CDs. I was merely disappointed that I couldn't find the review
> to which Alex alluded above and hoped that some kind soul could point me in
> the right direction. I'm particularly interested in reviews highlighting the
> distinction (from a user's standpoint) between OOo and LibreOffice....


I may have got that mixed up with Linux Format (UK), one of the other UK
Linux mags released an article shortly before / after release of LibO
final. I'm actually subscribed to Linux Format (UK) although living in
France, and I find it quite good, much as I like Linux User too, when I
can get my hands on it. Given a choice, however, I still prefer the
German linux magazines, on the whole very well written articles.

Alex


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

Alex there is an article regarding the 20 things about OOo which could
be improved if someone has a subscription to linuxformat.co.uk they
could download the pd of the article. it would be a great one to follow
and make improvements on their suggestions.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
marcpare4 marcpare4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Alex Thurgood
Le 2011-02-09 09:56, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :

> Le 09/02/11 13:07, M Henri Day a écrit :
>
> Hi Henri,
>
>>
>> Jonathon, not living in the UK, I'm not so familiar with this mag, but I
>> certainly agree it would be interesting for LibreOffice to be included on
>> one of their CDs. I was merely disappointed that I couldn't find the review
>> to which Alex alluded above and hoped that some kind soul could point me in
>> the right direction. I'm particularly interested in reviews highlighting the
>> distinction (from a user's standpoint) between OOo and LibreOffice....
>
>
> I may have got that mixed up with Linux Format (UK), one of the other UK
> Linux mags released an article shortly before / after release of LibO
> final. I'm actually subscribed to Linux Format (UK) although living in
> France, and I find it quite good, much as I like Linux User too, when I
> can get my hands on it. Given a choice, however, I still prefer the
> German linux magazines, on the whole very well written articles.
>
> Alex
>
>

LinuxFormat is also available here in Canada at some bookstores and
specialty computer stores. I have always liked their articles. LinuxUser
is also great a great read. We only get the English version of course.
Not sure if there is a French version sold in Québec (Canada).

Cheers

Marc


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Jonathan Aquilina
Le 09/02/11 16:31, Jonathan Aquilina a écrit :
> Alex there is an article regarding the 20 things about OOo which could
> be improved if someone has a subscription to linuxformat.co.uk they
> could download the pd of the article. it would be a great one to follow
> and make improvements on their suggestions.
>

Ooh, well I'll have to try and dig out my subscription details then :-))
I seem to recall however, that the PDF files of their articles are
strictly not for redistribution.


Alex


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Benjamin Horst Benjamin Horst
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

All we need is a summary of what the magazine feels are the biggest 20 issues. If you find the article, just share that info, and we should be good to go.

-Ben

On Feb 9, 2011, at 11:53 AM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:

> Le 09/02/11 16:31, Jonathan Aquilina a écrit :
>> Alex there is an article regarding the 20 things about OOo which could
>> be improved if someone has a subscription to linuxformat.co.uk they
>> could download the pd of the article. it would be a great one to follow
>> and make improvements on their suggestions.
>>
>
> Ooh, well I'll have to try and dig out my subscription details then :-))
> I seem to recall however, that the PDF files of their articles are
> strictly not for redistribution.
>
>
> Alex
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
> Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
> *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***


Benjamin Horst
[hidden email]
646-464-2314 (Eastern)
www.solidoffice.com


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Computer Magazine cover CDs

In reply to this post by Alex Thurgood
im not saying redistribute it. i would put together a summary of the 20
things we could get an edge against OOo on. the summary basically  says
that things are slowly improving, with it we can take those things that
are slowly improving on OOo and improve them much quicker then OOo. what
this would mean we would have more people switch to using LO.

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Archive: http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/
*** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***
Next » 12