ConfCall wiki page broken?

Next » 1234
Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

ConfCall wiki page broken?

Hello,

the page at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings looks
quite ugly now. Did someone screw it up, or is it a configuration error?

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Florian Effenberger <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the page at
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings looks
> quite ugly now. Did someone screw it up, or is it a configuration error?

i think some one has been misconfigured :-/

> Florian
>
> --
> Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
> Steering Committee and Founding Member of The Document Foundation
> Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108
> Skype: floeff | Twitter/Identi.ca: @floeff

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://identi.ca/danishka

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

Hi Florian,

Florian Effenberger wrote (04-11-10 07:31)
> the page at
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings looks
> quite ugly now. Did someone screw it up, or is it a configuration error?

I loaded it this morning around 6:15 and it was Ok then (still on my
screen, did not refresh)

Cor

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

How do the links look like? Here they look really strange, for every
link the URL is visible

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

Florian Effenberger wrote (04-11-10 07:51)
> How do the links look like? Here they look really strange, for every
> link the URL is visible

No just fine. The only tag I see is close at the bottom

> Cor Nouws wrote on 2010-11-04 07.50:
>> I loaded it this morning around 6:15 and it was Ok then (still on my
>> screen, did not refresh)

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

The first paragraph looks like

Discussions of the <a
href="http://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/">Steering
Committee</a> take place on public mailing lists.

and upon first loading, the "edit" link is only visible for some
paragraphs.. :(

Cor Nouws wrote on 2010-11-04 07.52:

> No just fine. The only tag I see is close at the bottom

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

History shows this latest change
   # (huidig | vorige) 2010-11-04T06:29:15 Floeff (Overleg | bijdragen)
(18.154 bytes)

Cor Nouws wrote (04-11-10 07:52)

> Florian Effenberger wrote (04-11-10 07:51)
>> How do the links look like? Here they look really strange, for every
>> link the URL is visible
>
> No just fine. The only tag I see is close at the bottom
>

>> Cor Nouws wrote on 2010-11-04 07.50:
>>> I loaded it this morning around 6:15 and it was Ok then (still on my
>>> screen, did not refresh)

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

I fixed some glitches I saw, but the problem has been there around 0720
this morning for me.

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Volker Merschmann Volker Merschmann

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

Hi,

2010/11/4 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>:
> I fixed some glitches I saw, but the problem has been there around 0720 this
> morning for me.

I've pinged Manuel through IRC.
He activated the extended editor, maybe someone did not see that.

Bye

Volker

--
++ Volker Merschmann - ODF-Software Contributor

Volker Merschmann wrote on 2010-11-04 08.37:
> I've pinged Manuel through IRC.

thanks!

> He activated the extended editor, maybe someone did not see that.

Yes, but why does the editor modify existing pages?

Thanks,
Florian

Nino Novak Nino Novak

On Thursday 04 November 2010 07:31, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the page at
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Steering_Committee_Meetings
> looks quite ugly now. Did someone screw it up, or is it a
> configuration error?

Do you still see strange things? For me, the page looks ok now.

Nino

Nino Novak wrote on 2010-11-04 09.24:

> Do you still see strange things? For me, the page looks ok now.

I do. After some links, there are lots of spaces, others are enclosed in
HTML tages. Still broken page for me. ;(

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Volker Merschmann Volker Merschmann

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

Hi,

(sorry this tends to be a topic for the website-list, but as it
started here ...)
2010/11/4 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>:
> Nino Novak wrote on 2010-11-04 09.24:
>
>> Do you still see strange things? For me, the page looks ok now.
>
> I do. After some links, there are lots of spaces, others are enclosed in
> HTML tages. Still broken page for me. ;(

I pinged Manuel on IRC (he is always on) and he explained to me that
misuse of the so-called FCKEditor can lead to these mistakes.
He asks for permissuin to disable the FCKEditor.

Volker

Volker Merschmann wrote on 2010-11-04 09.36:
> I pinged Manuel on IRC (he is always on) and he explained to me that
> misuse of the so-called FCKEditor can lead to these mistakes.
> He asks for permissuin to disable the FCKEditor.

basically, yes, but which WYSIWYG editor does he propose? We can *not*
go without that, I fear.

Florian
(currently on train, thus not on IRC)

Carlos Jenkins Carlos Jenkins

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

2010/11/4 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Volker Merschmann wrote on 2010-11-04 09.36:
>
>  I pinged Manuel on IRC (he is always on) and he explained to me that
>> misuse of the so-called FCKEditor can lead to these mistakes.
>> He asks for permissuin to disable the FCKEditor.
>>

> basically, yes, but which WYSIWYG editor does he propose? We can *not* go
> without that, I fear.

:(

Go MediaWiki pure syntax! jeje no, just kidding. But what would be fine that
the user could be able to configure if he want to use the WYSIWYG editor or
disable it on every edit. I had to disable the editor each time I want to
edit a page or after previewing the changes. MediaWiki can do that?

--
http://www.cjenkins.net/
http://csl-tec.softwarelibrecr.org/

Volker Merschmann Volker Merschmann

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

2010/11/4 Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>:
> Volker Merschmann wrote on 2010-11-04 09.36:
>>
>> I pinged Manuel on IRC (he is always on) and he explained to me that
>> misuse of the so-called FCKEditor can lead to these mistakes.
>> He asks for permissuin to disable the FCKEditor.
>
> basically, yes, but which WYSIWYG editor does he propose? We can *not* go
> without that, I fear.

He would recommend to do without a WYSIWYG editor as there is none
which works really.
Manuel said that this is the reason that the Wikipedia also hasn't
one. The best workin thing is the toolbar he added yesterday.

Bye

Volker

Volker Merschmann wrote on 2010-11-04 10.24:
> He would recommend to do without a WYSIWYG editor as there is none
> which works really.
> Manuel said that this is the reason that the Wikipedia also hasn't
> one. The best workin thing is the toolbar he added yesterday.

I'm against it - I know lots of people who are not comfortable with the
MW syntax.

However, why do the errors occur just now, and weren't visible
previously? Does he have any idea?

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

Hi Carlos,

Carlos Jenkins wrote on 2010-11-04 10.12:
> Go MediaWiki pure syntax! jeje no, just kidding. But what would be fine that
> the user could be able to configure if he want to use the WYSIWYG editor or
> disable it on every edit. I had to disable the editor each time I want to
> edit a page or after previewing the changes. MediaWiki can do that?

you can configure that in your user settings.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

Carlos Jenkins Carlos Jenkins

Re: ConfCall wiki page broken?

Hi again,

2010/11/4 Volker Merschmann <[hidden email]>

> He would recommend to do without a WYSIWYG editor as there is none
> which works really.
> Manuel said that this is the reason that the Wikipedia also hasn't
> one. The best workin thing is the toolbar he added yesterday.

Actually I was looking at the code generated by the actual editor and is
quite ugly... terrible indeed :S But I understand is difficult for users to
write in mediawiki format... mmm... I see no solution here. Wikipedia has a
very nice little, very little bar that inserts the tags on the text, instead
of generating it a visually interpret them. There is no a little more
complete editor with those features? Not generating, just inserting the
tags?

Carlos Jenkins wrote on 2010-11-04 10.57:
> Actually I was looking at the code generated by the actual editor and is
> quite ugly... terrible indeed :S But I understand is difficult for users to
> write in mediawiki format... mmm... I see no solution here. Wikipedia has a
> very nice little, very little bar that inserts the tags on the text, instead
> of generating it a visually interpret them. There is no a little more
> complete editor with those features? Not generating, just inserting the
> tags?

believe me - we *NEED* a WYSIWYG editor, if we want large contributions
to the wiki (which we do). ;)

Florian