Conference call outcomes

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Conference call outcomes

The website conference call, although plagued by many technical issues
including call quality and a complete dropout of the Talkyou service
there was many topics discussed positively and some some general
outcomes reached.

Although I will list these items here as dot points we need to talk
about them in individual threads on the mailing list.

1. The website needs more work/rework of content
    Pages and some structure should be reworked to optimise this for
the target audience
       1.1 Features section
       1.2 Individual software packages ie writer, calc etc.

2. In order to affect more contribution we need to better structure
the collaboration
  2.1 Wiki restructure is required
  2.2 Establishment of 'working groups' using Silverstripe user roles
  2.3 The website content is great, but the heavy lifting has been done by a few

3. The review of the site structure
  3.1 A full review should wait for the design team to become fully active
  3.2 We have people experienced in website design, let's make use of that .now.
  3.3 Revisit of the Information Architecture and structure using
'best web design practice' should occur

4. Website content must be optimised for the 'scanning' user.
    As a product site, visually scanning the site is the highest use
case. We must attend to this in reworking the content.
    Written content and other media such as images, screenshots, video
must complement each other.

I will kick off the discussion in individual mailing threads. Please
feel free to post back here if I missed anything. Due to the call
quality I couldn't hear about 30min of the call.

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Re: Conference call outcomes

Also, I have posted these minutes to the wiki. Please add your name if
you were in attendance.
I missed a fair amount of the call due to the Talkyoo problems, so
please add anything I missed.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/ConfCall/Minutes