Configuring LO

Malcolm Moore Malcolm Moore

Configuring LO

One of the things I hate about LO is by default it looks awful ( my opinion )
How can I configure it ( on Linux and Windows ) so that all users get the same appearance
without them having to do anything but then can over ride it if they think
my taste sucks ;-)

If there is a guide someone can point me to I would appreciate it

Ta

Mal
All communications, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded and are monitored for legitimate business purposes. The security and reliability of email transmission cannot be guaranteed. It is the recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachment for the presence of viruses. Westcliff High School for Girls exclude all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email.

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: Configuring LO

Perhaps _Getting Started with LibreOffice_ is the guide you need. Find,
download, and study to find out how to make changes in this program.

I thought LO already is by default: its appearance is someone's taste,
and you are the other person that needs to override what you think
stinks. LO is configured so that it can be changes can be made. This way
you can have your choices applied to your installation, and I can have
mine. I should not have to use your choice anymore than you have to use
mine.

Now to the important part: how to change the appearance to how an
individual wanted it to look. In Linux, the configuration files are
found in /home/user name/.config/libreoffice/4/User. Before installing a
newer version over an older one, made a copy of the User folder. Then
after installation, move this folder back to the 4 folder. This will
retain the configurations you want. While I have Windows 10 on a dual
boot, I do not use it enough to research where the configuration files
are on it.

Dan

On 8/28/20 08:20, Malcolm Moore wrote:

> One of the things I hate about LO is by default it looks awful ( my opinion )
> How can I configure it ( on Linux and Windows ) so that all users get the same appearance
> without them having to do anything but then can over ride it if they think
> my taste sucks ;-)
>
> If there is a guide someone can point me to I would appreciate it
>
> Ta
>
> Mal
> All communications, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded and are monitored for legitimate business purposes. The security and reliability of email transmission cannot be guaranteed. It is the recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachment for the presence of viruses. Westcliff High School for Girls exclude all liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email.

Luuk Luuk

Re: Configuring LO

On 28-8-2020 15:40, Dan Lewis wrote:

> Perhaps _Getting Started with LibreOffice_ is the guide you need. Find,
> download, and study to find out how to make changes in this program.
>
> I thought LO already is by default: its appearance is someone's taste, and
> you are the other person that needs to override what you think stinks. LO is
> configured so that it can be changes can be made. This way you can have your
> choices applied to your installation, and I can have mine. I should not have
> to use your choice anymore than you have to use mine.
>
> Now to the important part: how to change the appearance to how an individual
> wanted it to look. In Linux, the configuration files are found in /home/user
> name/.config/libreoffice/4/User. Before installing a newer version over an
> older one, made a copy of the User folder. Then after installation, move
> this folder back to the 4 folder. This will retain the configurations you
> want. While I have Windows 10 on a dual boot, I do not use it enough to
> research where the configuration files are on it.

OnWindows:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4

> Dan
>
> On 8/28/20 08:20, Malcolm Moore wrote:
>> One of the things I hate about LO is by default it looks awful ( my opinion )
>> How can I configure it ( on Linux and Windows ) so that all users get the
>> same appearance
>> without them having to do anything but then can over ride it if they think
>> my taste sucks ;-)
>>
>> If there is a guide someone can point me to I would appreciate it
>>
>> Ta
>>
>> Mal
>> All communications, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded and are
>> monitored for legitimate business purposes. The security and reliability of
>> email transmission cannot be guaranteed. It is the recipient's
>> responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachment for the presence of
>> viruses. Westcliff High School for Girls exclude all liability for any loss
>> or damage whatsoever arising or resulting from the receipt, use or
>> transmission of this email.

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)