Connecting to a MySQL database with native password using LO 6.4.6.1

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Connecting to a MySQL database with native password using LO 6.4.6.1

I am having problems connecting directly to the MySQL server with this
version of LibreOffice. I had no problems before upgrading to version
6.4.6.1. There is no problem while using the Mac OS nor when using the
connector for MariaDB. I am wondering if someone using the Windows OS
has a problem.

I can make a connection if I use the MySQL J' connector using my native
password. Under this same set up, I can also connect using another user
which uses the SHA2 password. Both of these are using LibreOffice 6.4.6.1.

System: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 64 bit, MySQL components are all the latest
(8.0.21) updated the middle of June. The LIbreOffice version is a
prereleased version which had been downloaded and installed last Thursday.

Dan

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: Connecting to a MySQL database with native password using LO 6.4.6.1

On 7/29/20 10:41, Dan Lewis wrote:

> I am having problems connecting directly to the MySQL server (8.0.21)
> with this version of LibreOffice. I had no problems before upgrading
> to version 6.4.6.1. There is no problem while using the Mac OS nor
> when using the connector for MariaDB. I am wondering if someone using
> the Windows OS has a problem.
>
> I can make a connection if I use the MySQL J connector (8.0.21)using
> my native password. Under this same set up, I can also connect using
> another user which uses the SHA2 password. Both of these are using
> LibreOffice 6.4.6.1.
I also have version 7.0.0.2 (7.0RC2) installed. The direct connector
will not allow me to access MySQL, but the MySQL J connect allows access
with the same password.