Contribute to LibreOffice

Arnav Mandal Arnav Mandal

Contribute to LibreOffice

Sir/Madam,
                   i am a newbie to open source world.I do competitive coding and have done some self Projects using JAVA . I want to contribute to your organisation.can you guide me how should i proceed?

Thank you
Arnav Kr. Mandal

Shinnok Shinnok

Re: Contribute to LibreOffice

Hi Arnav,

LibreOffice is mostly built using C++ but there's many more things you could do to contribute. Assuming you are interested in development first, you could start by setting up a build on your system and proceed using the information bellow.

Getting involved:

Instructions on how to setup a build as well as other useful starter info can be found on the Wiki:

The next step would be to pick one of the many issues open in bugzilla that have been tagged with easy-hack, which is described here:

Also in the upper link you have an outline of the process for submitting patches for review. Gerrit is available at:

This is just a quick primer, if you get stuck, need help or anything in between please e-mail this list or hop on to irc at freenode.net on channel #libreoffice-dev.

Regards,
Shinnok