Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc.

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc.

Hi.
Playing with the calculate decimal seconds I came across an interesting
thing, is it a bug, I am not sure.

Tested in LO 5.2, Linux and Win7.

If you create a list of times say 02:58.03, etc. down from A1
In the column next (B) enter =A1 and copy down. Format as [SS].00 so it
shows column A as seconds.

I am attempting to copy those seconds and paste elsewhere on the sheet
as just numbers in seconds. I can't seem to do this directly.
I can copy and paste into writer as HTML and I get those seconds in a
table. I can then copy the table back into calc as numbers.
In linux the numbers of seconds are copied to Klipper (the KDE clipboard
if it is still called that) and I can paste back as a text import which
is convenient for linux users.

Is there a way within Calc (as windows doesn't have klipper) to paste
the numbers only as displayed. They paste as numbers as displayed into
other applications such as notepad so they are available for pasting
from the clipboard.

Steve

m.a.riosv m.a.riosv

Re: Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc.

There is a way.

After select and copy, click on the right arrow of the paste icon and select paste as Unformatted text or Formatted text [RTF]

Miguel Ángel.

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc. - solved

Copy to the group.

Wow, never knew that was there. All those options that don't seem to be
in any menu.

Thanks, that solved it

On 30/03/17 10:16, m.a.riosv wrote:

> There is a way.
>
> After select and copy, click on the right arrow of the paste icon and select
> paste as Unformatted text or Formatted text [RTF]
>
> Miguel Ángel.

John Meyer John Meyer

Re: Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc.

Usually when I'm pasting in time into a cell formatted for time, I'll
paste special.  The worst that happens is that the time is affixed with
a single quote mark.  Then I find and replace "^." with "&" (no quote
marks).

On 3/29/2017 2:32 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:

> Hi.
> Playing with the calculate decimal seconds I came across an
> interesting thing, is it a bug, I am not sure.
>
> Tested in LO 5.2, Linux and Win7.
>
> If you create a list of times say 02:58.03, etc. down from A1
> In the column next (B) enter =A1 and copy down. Format as [SS].00 so
> it shows column A as seconds.
>
> I am attempting to copy those seconds and paste elsewhere on the sheet
> as just numbers in seconds. I can't seem to do this directly.
> I can copy and paste into writer as HTML and I get those seconds in a
> table. I can then copy the table back into calc as numbers.
> In linux the numbers of seconds are copied to Klipper (the KDE
> clipboard if it is still called that) and I can paste back as a text
> import which is convenient for linux users.
>
> Is there a way within Calc (as windows doesn't have klipper) to paste
> the numbers only as displayed. They paste as numbers as displayed into
> other applications such as notepad so they are available for pasting
> from the clipboard.
>
> Steve

TomD TomD

Re: Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc. - solved

Does Shift Ctrl V offer the same choices?

On 30 Mar 2017 02:11, "Steve Edmonds" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Copy to the group.
>
> Wow, never knew that was there. All those options that don't seem to be in
> any menu.
>
> Thanks, that solved it
>
> On 30/03/17 10:16, m.a.riosv wrote:
>
>> There is a way.
>>
>> After select and copy, click on the right arrow of the paste icon and
>> select
>> paste as Unformatted text or Formatted text [RTF]
>>
>> Miguel Ángel.

m.a.riosv m.a.riosv

Re: Copy-Paste(special) times in Calc. - solved

Hi Tom.

Paste special offer that options if pasting from other app not from calc to calc.

Miguel Ángel.