Copying Pasting in Libre Writer

charles meyer charles meyer

Copying Pasting in Libre Writer

Hi All,

I choose Select all or do Ctrl/A, then copy a Web site of text and live
links inot Writer and it appears with blue background so it's difficult to
read.

If I copy/Paste Special it loses the live links.

There are no photos or other graphics on the page.

I wanted to edit the text so I dind;t want to print it as a pdf.

Thanks.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Luuk Luuk

Re: Copying Pasting in Libre Writer

On 13-4-2020 18:12, charles meyer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I choose Select all or do Ctrl/A, then copy a Web site of text and live
> links inot Writer and it appears with blue background so it's difficult to
> read.

That depends on the website being copied...

> If I copy/Paste Special it loses the live links.
>
> There are no photos or other graphics on the page.

that should not be a problem.....

> I wanted to edit the text so I dind;t want to print it as a pdf.

--- because you only want to edit text?

or, am i missing something now?

> Thanks.
>
> <https://www.xxx.yy>
> Virus-free.
Stop spamming virus-free, in this non-virus free world........ 😉

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)
Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

On 13/04/2020 17:12, charles meyer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I choose Select all or do Ctrl/A, then copy a Web site of text and live
> links inot Writer and it appears with blue background so it's difficult to
> read.
>
> If I copy/Paste Special it loses the live links.
>
> There are no photos or other graphics on the page.
>
> I wanted to edit the text so I dind;t want to print it as a pdf.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Charles,

I am having difficulty reproducing your issue. Can you provide a link to
an example web page and let us know your OS and LO version?

Regards
Dave

John Kaufmann John Kaufmann

On 2020-04-13 12:12, charles meyer wrote:

> I choose Select all or do Ctrl/A, then copy a Web site of text and live
> links inot Writer and it appears with blue background so it's difficult to
> read.
>
> If I copy/Paste Special it loses the live links.
>
> There are no photos or other graphics on the page.
>
> I wanted to edit the text so I dind;t want to print it as a pdf.

With a typical web site I see no such problem. Did you examine the page source? What URL?

Tim Deaton Tim Deaton

Re: Copying Pasting in Libre Writer

=========================
225 Janice Drive
Athens, GA 30606
home: 706-543-0592
cell & text: 706-248-6544
fax: 888-415-5991
=========================

On 4/13/2020 12:12 PM, charles meyer wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I choose Select all or do Ctrl/A, then copy a Web site of text and live
> links inot Writer and it appears with blue background so it's difficult to
> read.
>
> If I copy/Paste Special it loses the live links.
>
> There are no photos or other graphics on the page.
>
> I wanted to edit the text so I dind;t want to print it as a pdf.
>
> Thanks.

> Virus-free.

For that particular website, you may need to use another method to
select what you want to copy from the website, such as using the
left-mouse button to  drag the cursor across the content to select it.
I often find that I get better results copying parts of the webpage at a
time, skipping objects that I don't really want.

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Copying Pasting in Libre Writer

Another option is to place the cursor at the beginning of the text to
copy (may be select the first word with the mouse) and then shift-click
at the end so you don't copy all the other stuff in the page.
Some times it also works better starting from the end of the text and
shift-click at the beginning.
Steve