Copying text from one document to another with different formatting

H H

Copying text from one document to another with different formatting

I am using LibreOffice 4.0.2 and have a need to copy a text selection (recipient address) from one document to another, to a label template for a continuous label printer. The text selection resides in a table and I'd like to /not/ copy any of the formatting to the label template where a different formatting needs to be applied.

Currently, I copy the text selection which automatically includes the table cell formatting, paste it into the second document, remove the extra space above and below the table cells, select only the table cells, convert them into text and finally apply the desired formatting style.

As i am sure everyone understands, this gets old really fast and surely there must be a faster way?

Suggestions appreciated!
pietervo pietervo

Re: Copying text from one document to another with different formatting

H wrote:

 > I am using LibreOffice 4.0.2 and have a need to copy a text selection (recipient address) from one document to another, to a label template for a continuous label printer. The text selection resides in a table and I'd like to /not/ copy any of the formatting to the label template where a different formatting needs to be applied.
 >
 > Currently, I copy the text selection which automatically includes the table cell formatting, paste it into the second document, remove the extra space above and below the table cells, select only the table cells, convert them into text and finally apply the desired formatting style.
 >
 > As i am sure everyone understands, this gets old really fast and surely there must be a faster way?
 >
 > Suggestions appreciated!

Have you tried Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted text?
You can bind this to a key. As I use this quite often I have it on Alt-Command-V (on a Mac).
--
Piet van Oostrum <[hidden email]>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/

Brian Barker Brian Barker

At 16:27 05/06/2015 -0400, Honly Noname wrote:
>I am using LibreOffice 4.0.2 and have a need to copy a text
>selection ... from one document to another, ...
>... I'd like to /not/ copy any of the formatting to the label
>template where a different formatting needs to be applied.

o Copy the material.
Either:
o Go to Edit | Paste Special... and select "Unformatted text".
Or:
o Use Ctrl+Shift+V and select "Unformatted text".
Or:
o Use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V.

The material will inherit the formatting of its surroundings in the
target area.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker