Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

Alvin Hausauer Alvin Hausauer

Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

Hi Guys:

I would like to assign a macro to a form field in LibreOffice Base and in the macro address fields in the form. What is the correct syntax to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance

Alvin
Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

RTFM
Andrew Pitonyak Andrew Pitonyak

Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

You may find some working examples in here:

http://www.pitonyak.org/database/AndrewBase.odt

On 07/17/2012 06:08 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> RTFM

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

NoOp NoOp

On 07/17/2012 03:08 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> RTFM

WTFAYRT?

Learn how to quote properly and remain in the thread that you are
'supposedly' replying to. Seems that someone as astute as you purport to
be, you'd have RTFM and figured out how to this out by now.

http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/threads.html
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg21884.html

Tom Tom

Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

There are some guides and partial bits of guides at
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications#LibreOffice_Base_Guide
(scroll down a bit to see some of the 3rd party things).  Mostly it seems that Andrew Pitonyak's guide is the best.

Also the FAQ mentioned in the link is complete for Base but i'm not sure it will help all that much.  Usually Andreas is one of the best answerers here but it seems like he was having a "bad hair day" as we all do from time-to-time.  Sorry about that!

Good luck and happy hunting! :(

You may find some working examples in here:

http://www.pitonyak.org/database/AndrewBase.odt

On 07/17/2012 06:08 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> RTFM

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

I did not reply to your bloody mailing list. I used a server named "nabble.documentfoundation.org" which shows the whole topic on a web-page.

NoOp wrote
On 07/17/2012 03:08 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> RTFM

WTFAYRT?

Learn how to quote properly and remain in the thread that you are
'supposedly' replying to. Seems that someone as astute as you purport to
be, you'd have RTFM and figured out how to this out by now.

http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/threads.html
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg21884.html

Brad Rogers Brad Rogers

Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
Andreas Säger <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Andreas,

>I did not reply to your bloody mailing list. I used a server named
>"nabble.documentfoundation.org" which shows the whole topic on a
>web-page.

Most people are subscribed to the mailing list.  If you don't quote, so
there is context, how are people supposed to figure out what you're
talking about?  That goes double if, as it seems, nabble breaks
threading.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually

NoOp NoOp

[List Threading] was: Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

On 07/18/2012 11:12 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> I did not reply to your bloody mailing list. I used a server named
> "nabble.documentfoundation.org" which shows the whole topic on a web-page.

Ah, a web-pager... wrong tool for the job eh? Using nabble, gmane.org,
etc from a web page is (IMO) like someone trying to use a spreadsheet
for a database job/application. I *highly* recommend using gmane.org
(via nntp). IMO, reading/replying to a high volume mailing list via
email and/or a web page, is just plain silly.

First of all it is *not* my "bloody mailing list". It is the Document
Foundation's mailing list:

If you have an issue with the nabble gateway, then I suggest you take
that up with whoever created it, and/or is in charge of it. According to:

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/

It appears that drewjenson created the template... perhaps you can ask
him for help. I seriously doubt that nabble doesn't follow threading and
doesn't insert quotes in replies. I don't use nabble (I use gmane.org
nntp), but perhaps you can RTFM & find additional support for nabble here:
http://www.nabble.com/help/Index.jtp
http://support.nabble.com/

In any event, you should try to resolve the problem. You've been
'kindly' asked in the past to do so.

> NoOp wrote
>>
>> On 07/17/2012 03:08 PM, Andreas Säger wrote:
>>> RTFM
>>
>> WTFAYRT?
>>
>> Learn how to quote properly and remain in the thread that you are
>> 'supposedly' replying to. Seems that someone as astute as you purport to
>> be, you'd have RTFM and figured out how to this out by now.

>> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/threads.html
>> http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg21884.html

NoOp NoOp

Re: [List Threading] was: Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

NoOp wrote
On 07/18/2012 11:12 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
> I did not reply to your bloody mailing list. I used a server named
> "nabble.documentfoundation.org" which shows the whole topic on a web-page.

If you have an issue with the nabble gateway, then I suggest you take
that up with whoever created it, and/or is in charge of it. According to:

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/

It appears that drewjenson created the template... perhaps you can ask
him for help. I seriously doubt that nabble doesn't follow threading and
doesn't insert quotes in replies. I don't use nabble (I use gmane.org
nntp), but perhaps you can RTFM & find additional support for nabble here:
http://www.nabble.com/help/Index.jtp
http://support.nabble.com/

In any event, you should try to resolve the problem. You've been
'kindly' asked in the past to do so.

This is from nabble. Does quoting work? And does the msg stay in the original thread (Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic)?

NoOp NoOp

Re: [List Threading] was: Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

Back to gmane.org/nntp:

On 07/18/2012 10:07 PM, NoOp wrote:

> NoOp wrote
>>
>> On 07/18/2012 11:12 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
>>> I did not reply to your bloody mailing list. I used a server named
>>> "nabble.documentfoundation.org" which shows the whole topic on a
>>> web-page.

>> If you have an issue with the nabble gateway, then I suggest you take
>> that up with whoever created it, and/or is in charge of it. According to:
>>
>> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/
>>
>> It appears that drewjenson created the template... perhaps you can ask
>> him for help. I seriously doubt that nabble doesn't follow threading and
>> doesn't insert quotes in replies. I don't use nabble (I use gmane.org
>> nntp), but perhaps you can RTFM & find additional support for nabble here:
>> http://www.nabble.com/help/Index.jtp
>> http://support.nabble.com/
>>
>> In any event, you should try to resolve the problem. You've been
>> 'kindly' asked in the past to do so.

> This is from nabble. Does quoting work? And does the msg stay in the
> original thread (Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's
> Basic)?

Why yes... it certainly does.

Mirosław Zalewski Mirosław Zalewski

On 19/07/2012 at 07:02, NoOp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> IMO, reading/replying to a high volume mailing list via
> email

IYO, what is wrong with reading/replying to a high volume mailing list via
e-mail?
I must have missed something in past year or so.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

NoOp NoOp

On 07/19/2012 03:33 PM, Mirosław Zalewski wrote:
> On 19/07/2012 at 07:02, NoOp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> IMO, reading/replying to a high volume mailing list via
>> email
>
> IYO, what is wrong with reading/replying to a high volume mailing list via
> e-mail?
> I must have missed something in past year or so.

It's a waste of resources - network and diskspace. If the email client
doesn't have an option to read only subject headers first, then the
email(s) must be downloaded via the user's email client (or web client)
before the subscriber can view the message. With nttp services like
gmane.org, the subscriber can view all of the archived threads (well,
most all - I see back to Harold Fuchs 10/09/2010 msg: OT:Get Gmane
"User" Going. All of the messages are shown threaded (my option). You
only view a message when you click on the message subject, same for
responding. Once I've viewed/responded to a message (to view or or
respond), I can elect to have those messages saved on my hard drive for
offline viewing.

To each their own. But to me, as I subscribe to over 50 mail lists
across 6 different nntp (and usenet servers), and am active 8-10 per
day, and nothing but the subject headers gets downloaded unless I click
on the message. nntp is the only way to go (IMO). Imagine trying to do
the same on a dialup and/or metered service.

I have the advantage of the mail list email subscriber in that I can:
- view and compose a response off line,
- archive sent/received msgs directly
- search the same sent/received msgs for content, author etc.
- I can view sort & search my lists threaded, by subject, by date, by
sender, by recipient, etc.

Am 19.07.2012 07:02, NoOp wrote:
> On 07/18/2012 11:12 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
>> I did not reply to your bloody mailing list. I used a server named
>> "nabble.documentfoundation.org" which shows the whole topic on a web-page.
>
> Ah, a web-pager... wrong tool for the job eh? Using nabble, gmane.org,
> etc from a web page is (IMO) like someone trying to use a spreadsheet

The OP used whichever wrong tool for the job. The original message does
not appear on gmane. I use any tool availlable.
What I do not use:
- pocket devices for internet access (smart phones, tablets)
- user profiles in clouds

Mailing lists are still perfect the colaboration tools but inadequate
for end user support unless end users are a closed group of people.

Alvin Hausauer Alvin Hausauer

Re: Correct Syntax to address a table or form field in Base's Basic

Thank you very much for responding Mr. Andrew. I will attempt to digest the info that you supplied.
Thanks again.