Couldn't open a presentation to editing

victorlevasseur victorlevasseur

Couldn't open a presentation to editing

Hello,
I've installed LibreOffice on my computer (on Ubuntu 10.10).
But I've some problems with Impress :

When I want to open a file for Impress, it open it, but the Splideshow start immediately.
The problem happened on ppt / pptx / odp.
When I press Escape to exit the slideshow, I cannot edit the slideshow because it is closed too.

PS : Sorry if I've done some english mistakes, I'm french and I'm learning english in school.
eskroni eskroni

Re: Couldn't open a presentation to editing

Hello Victor,

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 03:56:44 -0800 (PST)
victorlevasseur <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've installed LibreOffice on my computer (on Ubuntu 10.10).
> But I've some problems with Impress :
>
> When I want to open a file for Impress, it open it, but the Splideshow start
> immediately.
> The problem happened on ppt / pptx / odp.
> When I press Escape to exit the slideshow, I cannot edit the slideshow
> because it is closed too.

That is odd. This behaviour should only appear, when you have a .pps file. How do you open the file? Do you just double click on it? Or do you go there from inside the software?

If you try to open it from the file manager, try the following:
Click on the file so that it is marked (highlighted).
Then do a right click with the mouse.
>From the context menu try "open with LibreOffice 3.3" instead of "Open with LibreOffice Impress".

I've learned that there should be a difference between those two options just a few days before on the users list.

Please try and report back if it helped.

Thanks.

> PS : Sorry if I've done some english mistakes, I'm french and I'm learning
> english in school.

Btw, I think your English is really good!

Sigrid

victorlevasseur victorlevasseur

Re: Couldn't open a presentation to editing

The "bug" appear when I open directly the file and when I open the file from Impress

Sigrid Carrera wrote
From the context menu try "open with LibreOffice 3.3" instead of "Open with LibreOffice Impress".
I don't have two choices in the context menu, I've only "open with  LibreOffice Impress 3.3".
(the command is libreoffice "FILENAME").
eskroni eskroni

Re: Couldn't open a presentation to editing

Hi Victor,

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:06:04 -0800 (PST)
victorlevasseur <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The "bug" appear when I open directly the file and when I open the file from
> Impress
>

> Sigrid Carrera wrote:
> >
> > From the context menu try "open with LibreOffice 3.3" instead of "Open
> > with LibreOffice Impress".
> >
> I don't have two choices in the context menu, I've only "open with
> LibreOffice Impress 3.3".
> (the command is libreoffice "FILENAME").

Do you have the option to choose "Open with..."? If so, select this entry and in the popup that appears, just select LibreOffice.

Sigrid

NoOp NoOp

On 02/11/2011 03:56 AM, victorlevasseur wrote:

> Hello,
> I've installed LibreOffice on my computer (on Ubuntu 10.10).
> But I've some problems with Impress :
>
> When I want to open a file for Impress, it open it, but the Splideshow start
> immediately.
> The problem happened on ppt / pptx / odp.
> When I press Escape to exit the slideshow, I cannot edit the slideshow
> because it is closed too.
>
> PS : Sorry if I've done some english mistakes, I'm french and I'm learning
> english in school.

If you'd prefer to communicate in French, you can subscribe to the
French user list:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Local_Mailing_Lists#French
[hidden email]: User support for LibreOffice

    * Subscription: [hidden email]
    * Digest subscription: [hidden email]
    * Archives: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/fr/users/
    * Mail-Archive.com:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../

How I found that:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/
  clicked the link in:
"This is NOT A SUPPORT ADDRESS! For support, please refer to our mailing
lists. "
and that takes you to:
http://www.documentfoundation.org/contribution/#lists
  down near the bottom of the page:
"Local and Regional Mailing Lists

To see local and regional mailing lists in your language, please refer
to the table in our wiki."
and that takes you to:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Local_Mailing_Lists

I reckon I'll need to subscribe to the web list to see if that can be
simplified :-(

As for your question: how have you installed LO on your system? Did you
install from the Ubuntu PPA, or did you install from the .deb file from:
http://www.libreoffice.org/download
It will make a difference as to how to try to assist. Please also
provide information regarding the version you are running. Open Lo and
click Help|About LibreOffice and copy/paste the information here. A
stable .deb version will have this:
LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m19 (Build:6)
tag libreoffice-3.3.0.4