Crash creating DB from Spreadsheet.

Michael Tiernan Michael Tiernan

Crash creating DB from Spreadsheet.

Just checking before I file a bug report, anyone else seen (or know of)
a fairly repeatable crash of LO when using a spreadsheet as the DB when
creating a query or form?

In short, I have a simple(istic) spreadsheet with 27 columns, and
(currently truncated to 16 rows).

When I attempt to create a DB and link it to that Boom.

(Yes, I'm collecting screenshots showing the sequence.)

Thanks for everyone's time.

Version: 7.0.3.1
Build ID: d7547858d014d4cf69878db179d326fc3483e082
CPU threads: 8; OS: Mac OS X 10.13.6; UI render: default; VCL: osx
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

--
   << MCT >> Michael C Tiernan. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan
   Non Impediti Ratione Cogatationis

Michael Tiernan Michael Tiernan

Re: Crash creating DB from Spreadsheet.

On 4/2/21 7:36 AM, Michael Tiernan wrote:
> Just checking before I file a bug report,

As someone pointed out, I wasn't at the newest version.

My apologies for wasting folk's time.

I'll update and revisit this.

--
   << MCT >> Michael C Tiernan. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan
   Non Impediti Ratione Cogatationis
   Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs
    should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: Crash creating DB from Spreadsheet.

What we need is a list of the steps you used to create the crash. They
must be specific. Begin with what you did to connect to the DB.

It maybe a problem associated with the Mac O/S. I used one of my
spreadsheets with no links between cells. I then used Base to connect to
this spreadsheet. I had no problems creating a query and form in Base.

Dan

On 4/2/21 7:36 AM, Michael Tiernan wrote:

> Just checking before I file a bug report, anyone else seen (or know
> of) a fairly repeatable crash of LO when using a spreadsheet as the DB
> when creating a query or form?
>
> In short, I have a simple(istic) spreadsheet with 27 columns, and
> (currently truncated to 16 rows).
>
> When I attempt to create a DB and link it to that Boom.
>
> (Yes, I'm collecting screenshots showing the sequence.)
>
> Thanks for everyone's time.
>
> Version: 7.0.3.1
> Build ID: d7547858d014d4cf69878db179d326fc3483e082
> CPU threads: 8; OS: Mac OS X 10.13.6; UI render: default; VCL: osx
> Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
> Calc: threaded

Michael Tiernan Michael Tiernan

Re: Crash creating DB from Spreadsheet.

This was a wacky crash. I've downloaded the newest beta to try it out and
it seems to not have behave the same way so, to use Rosannana Danna's
overused phase "Never mind!" ;)

Thanks to everyone!

I'm going to start over with this.