Creation of a new website in Catalan (ca)

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Creation of a new website in Catalan (ca)

Hi,

I'd like to request for the creation of a new site:
http://ca.libreoffice.org/

This site will be used to host the translation in the Catalan language.
Please could you provide me with the proper access rights?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Joan Montané

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Creation of a new website in Catalan (ca)

Hi Joan,

Le 2012-08-30 15:12, Joan Montané a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to request for the creation of a new site:
> http://ca.libreoffice.org/
>
> This site will be used to host the translation in the Catalan language.
> Please could you provide me with the proper access rights?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards,
> Joan Montané

The same request was asked on this list in October last year by Jesús
Corrius. You can read through the thread to get an idea of what was
done[1]. I also have Jesús listed as the site maintainer[2]. It may be a
good idea to check with Jesús and Christian to see what the problem is
with the site.

Christian, you may want to take a look at the thread too. It looks like
there may be some challenges to overcome to get the Catalan working.

Cheers,

Marc

[1]
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.website/6316

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

epix epix

Am 31.08.2012 08:11, schrieb Marc Paré:
> Le 2012-08-30 15:12, Joan Montané a écrit :

>> I'd like to request for the creation of a new site:
>> http://ca.libreoffice.org/
>>
>> This site will be used to host the translation in the Catalan language.
>> Please could you provide me with the proper access rights?

Done, your login is at https://ca.libreoffice.org/admin/

welcome  :)

> The same request was asked on this list in October last year by Jesús
> Corrius. You can read through the thread to get an idea of what was
> done[1]. I also have Jesús listed as the site maintainer[2]. It may be a
> good idea to check with Jesús and Christian to see what the problem is
> with the site.
>
> Christian, you may want to take a look at the thread too. It looks like
> there may be some challenges to overcome to get the Catalan working.

According to the mentioned thread I've reset your interface language to
english.

As we do not use the built in translation feature of silverstripe it
looks easiest to me just to grab the source code of e.g the english
pages from the Main site, translate it and paste it into new pages at
your subsite.

For most pages the page-type 'Page' will do, others like Widget- or
DownloadSimple-page are quite self explaining once you know they are
there. Page type may also be changed later on.

Brief intros to silverstripe handling are available at the 'Help' tab in
the admin-panel and at http://website.libreoffice.org.

Cheers
Erich

Joan Montané Joan Montané

2012/8/31 Erich Christian <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Joan, *
>
> Am 31.08.2012 08:11, schrieb Marc Paré:
>> Le 2012-08-30 15:12, Joan Montané a écrit :
>
>>> I'd like to request for the creation of a new site:
>>> http://ca.libreoffice.org/
>>>
>>> This site will be used to host the translation in the Catalan language.
>>> Please could you provide me with the proper access rights?
>
> Done, your login is at https://ca.libreoffice.org/admin/
>
> welcome  :)

Thanks for quick reply and support, :)

Joan Montané