Credits

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

Credits

Hi all,
we are proud of our community and its work but we don't show it in any way:
The credits page [1] is rather old for 4.0.

[1] http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/credits/

--
Grüße
k-j

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Credits

Hi,

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote on 2013-02-12 14:52:

> we are proud of our community and its work but we don't show it in any way:
> The credits page [1] is rather old for 4.0.
>
> [1] http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/credits/

good point, thanks for spotting this! Cc'ing Sebastian, who IMHO was
initially working on this. Sebastian, can you tell me how to update the
credits page? (We have moved to a new server in the meantime.)

Thanks,
Florian

spaetz spaetz

Re: Credits

On 02/13/2013 09:39 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote on 2013-02-12 14:52:
>
>> we are proud of our community and its work but we don't show it in any
>> way:
>> The credits page [1] is rather old for 4.0.
>>
>> [1] http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/credits/
>
> good point, thanks for spotting this! Cc'ing Sebastian, who IMHO was
> initially working on this. Sebastian, can you tell me how to update the
> credits page? (We have moved to a new server in the meantime.)

Hi all,

I have sent an email to Michael Meeks before, but I guess it went under
during the release activities. I told him that I don't really have the
capacity to keep the stats up to date, as that would require to adapt my
tool (which is designed as a generic git repo analyzer) more and more to
generating stats specific to this project.

This is how to generate the stats:

1) Check out the LO repo(s).
2) Check out the analyzer via mercurial:
   https://bitbucket.org/spaetz/gitanaly
3) Get the email->contributor name mapping from Cédric via:
    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/gitdm-config

4) Check the README for system requirements

Main stats:
~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
~/src/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
--sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot

This will create the stats in /tmp/index.html

If we want stats limited to the templates, this can do it:

~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
~/src/gitanaly/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
--sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot
--path=extras/source/templates

Right now, there is no way to get the total credits and the template
credits automatically integrated in a single page, I copied that
manually in.

Let me know if you need any further information... Happy to help out.
Sebastian

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Credits

Le 2013-02-13 08:37, Sebastian Spaeth a écrit :

> On 02/13/2013 09:39 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote on 2013-02-12 14:52:
>>
>>> we are proud of our community and its work but we don't show it in any
>>> way:
>>> The credits page [1] is rather old for 4.0.
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/credits/
>>
>> good point, thanks for spotting this! Cc'ing Sebastian, who IMHO was
>> initially working on this. Sebastian, can you tell me how to update the
>> credits page? (We have moved to a new server in the meantime.)
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have sent an email to Michael Meeks before, but I guess it went under
> during the release activities. I told him that I don't really have the
> capacity to keep the stats up to date, as that would require to adapt my
> tool (which is designed as a generic git repo analyzer) more and more to
> generating stats specific to this project.
>
> This is how to generate the stats:
>
> 1) Check out the LO repo(s).
> 2) Check out the analyzer via mercurial:
>     https://bitbucket.org/spaetz/gitanaly
> 3) Get the email->contributor name mapping from Cédric via:
>      git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/gitdm-config
>
> 4) Check the README for system requirements
>
> Main stats:
> ~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
> ~/src/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
> --sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot
>
> This will create the stats in /tmp/index.html
>
> If we want stats limited to the templates, this can do it:
>
> ~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
> ~/src/gitanaly/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
> --sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot
> --path=extras/source/templates
>

> Right now, there is no way to get the total credits and the template
> credits automatically integrated in a single page, I copied that
> manually in.
>
> Let me know if you need any further information... Happy to help out.
> Sebastian

This is a lot of work, but IMO worth it. BTW ... is the
LibreOffice->Help->...Credits a copy of your page? Is there a way to
sync both pages?

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Credits

doing a fullquote to keep Michael and Thorsten in the loop.

Thanks for the explanation! Looks like it requires some setup work on my
non-developer machine to get it running.

Michael, Thorsten, can one of you send me the final file, so I can
upload it to our website? I assume you have it running mach faster than I...

Florian

Sebastian Spaeth wrote on 2013-02-13 14:37:

> I have sent an email to Michael Meeks before, but I guess it went under
> during the release activities. I told him that I don't really have the
> capacity to keep the stats up to date, as that would require to adapt my
> tool (which is designed as a generic git repo analyzer) more and more to
> generating stats specific to this project.
>
> This is how to generate the stats:
>
> 1) Check out the LO repo(s).
> 2) Check out the analyzer via mercurial:
>     https://bitbucket.org/spaetz/gitanaly
> 3) Get the email->contributor name mapping from Cédric via:
>      git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/gitdm-config
>
> 4) Check the README for system requirements
>
> Main stats:
> ~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
> ~/src/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
> --sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot
>
> This will create the stats in /tmp/index.html
>
> If we want stats limited to the templates, this can do it:
>
> ~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
> ~/src/gitanaly/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
> --sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot
> --path=extras/source/templates

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Re: Credits

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Michael, Thorsten, can one of you send me the final file, so I can
> upload it to our website? I assume you have it running mach faster
> than I...

In a second.

-- Thorsten

Re: Credits

Hi Flo,

>[updating credits page]

make sure to publish right away and not use "request publication" -
creating the diff for those pages takes loooong, so better avoid that
:-)

ciao
Christian

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Credits

thanks, Thorsten - Credits page is updated now. :-)

Florian

Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

Re: Credits

On Mon, 2013-02-18 at 09:05 +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Sebastian Spaeth wrote on 2013-02-13 14:37:
> > I have sent an email to Michael Meeks before, but I guess it went under
> > during the release activities. I told him that I don't really have the
> > capacity to keep the stats up to date

        Yes - sorry for not getting on top of that myself or forwarding it :-)
I'm aware of the following issues that I'd love to see fixed:

        * Credits page as of now doesn't split out the artwork commits
          anymore - which is a shame (why not ?)

        * Credits page doesn't include commits to the LibreOffice
          code-base from before we launched - it's sad to loose that
          history - I believe that was just turned off & could be
          re-enabled: perhaps it belongs right at the bottom (?)

        Otherwise it looks nice to me :-)

        Thanks to those who got it updating; I believe we ship a snapshot / ODF
document of the credits with each release; it'd be nice to check that
that's up-to-date for 4.0.1 as/when we've got it updated.

        HTH,

                Michael.

Michael Meeks wrote on 2013-02-18 21:58:

> Yes - sorry for not getting on top of that myself or forwarding it :-)
> I'm aware of the following issues that I'd love to see fixed:
>
> * Credits page as of now doesn't split out the artwork commits
>  anymore - which is a shame (why not ?)

anyone knows how to create that? I have no idea... :-)

> * Credits page doesn't include commits to the LibreOffice
>  code-base from before we launched - it's sad to loose that
>  history - I believe that was just turned off & could be
>  re-enabled: perhaps it belongs right at the bottom (?)

Same here, if anyone can send me the HTML source to the new file
including both, I can add it.

Florian

spaetz spaetz

Re: Credits

On 19.02.2013 09:11, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Michael Meeks wrote on 2013-02-18 21:58:
>
>>     Yes - sorry for not getting on top of that myself or forwarding it
>> :-)
>> I'm aware of the following issues that I'd love to see fixed:
>>
>>     * Credits page as of now doesn't split out the artwork commits
>>       anymore - which is a shame (why not ?)

As written earlier, this is because there is no automatic way to get
both yet. I created the total stats and the one for the template dir
separately and merged the resulting html pages manually.

>>     * Credits page doesn't include commits to the LibreOffice
>>       code-base from before we launched - it's sad to loose that
>>       history - I believe that was just turned off & could be
>>       re-enabled: perhaps it belongs right at the bottom (?)

This is just a command line parameter that is enabled or not. Reposting
the information:

This is how to generate the stats:

1) Check out the LO repo(s).
2) Check out the analyzer via mercurial:
   https://bitbucket.org/spaetz/gitanaly
3) Get the email->contributor name mapping from Cédric via:
    git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/gitdm-config

4) Check the README for system requirements

Main stats:
~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
~/src/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
--sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot

(skip the --sinceuntil parameter to include all of the git history, not
just since the fork)

This will create the stats in /tmp/index.html

If we want stats limited to the templates, this can do it:

~/src/gitanaly/analyse-commits.py -r ~/src/LibO -v -f
~/src/gitanaly/gitdm-config/gitdm.config
--sinceuntil=d387dace13fe1947ec5ad025ebd122ec6f13e3d0.. --no-plot
--path=extras/source/templates

(again skip the --sinceuntil parameter to include all of the git