Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

RichardH RichardH

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

I just noticed this in the latest upgrade to 4.3.4.1-1, also 4.3.3.1-1, and in 4.2.7.
                           Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V works as expected to copy 1 cell and paste it into another cell.

The problem: Ctrl-C to copy a cell, move to another cell,
                           hold shift and down arrow at least 1 cell; (total of 2 cells to write into).
                           Ctrl-V brings up a dialog for Text Import and nothing I do will write the copy into 2 cells.

It may be something that I've done or configured, but I've tried other versions.
Would really like a clue how to get the old behavior back again.

saludos,
Richard.
Maleks123 Maleks123

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

i thinks that all are folks. that thing all knows.
that simple is that ctrl + c = copy , ctrl+v = paste, ctrl+x = cut.
Its very easy.
thanks,
The Cheesy Animation - 3D Intrior Design And Rendering.
http://www.thecheesyanimation.com/Interior-Design-&-Rendering.html
RichardH RichardH

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

In Windows version copy and paste works as expected. In Linux versions it doesn't.

In Windows, copy 1 to 1+n cells and paste them where you wish.

In Linux, copy 1 to 1+n cells and you get a dialog window that does not work. I can copy 1 cell and paste it 10 times, but cannot paste into 1+n cells.

On Dec 9, 2014 6:09 AM, "Maleks123 [via Document Foundation Mail Archive]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
i thinks that all are folks. that thing all knows.
that simple is that ctrl + c = copy , ctrl+v = paste, ctrl+x = cut.
Its very easy.
thanks,
The Cheesy Animation - 3D Intrior Design And Rendering.
http://www.thecheesyanimation.com/Interior-Design-&-Rendering.html

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Ctrl-C-Ctrl-V-only-works-for-1-cell-in-Calc-tp4130531p4131980.html
To unsubscribe from Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc, click here.
NAML
steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

This seems to work fine in my Opensuse with LO 4.1.6.
steve
On 2014-12-10 04:58, RichardH wrote:

> In Windows version copy and paste works as expected. In Linux versions it
> doesn't.
>
> In Windows, copy 1 to 1+n cells and paste them where you wish.
>
> In Linux, copy 1 to 1+n cells and you get a dialog window that does not
> work. I can copy 1 cell and paste it 10 times, but cannot paste into 1+n
> cells.
> On Dec 9, 2014 6:09 AM, "Maleks123 [via Document Foundation Mail Archive]" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> i thinks that all are folks. that thing all knows.
>> that simple is that ctrl + c = copy , ctrl+v = paste, ctrl+x = cut.
>> Its very easy.
>> thanks,
>> The Cheesy Animation - 3D Intrior Design And Rendering.
>> http://www.thecheesyanimation.com/Interior-Design-&-Rendering.html

>> here
>> <
>> .
>> NAML
>> <
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

RichardH RichardH

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

Thanks Steve, happy to hear that. Maybe there's hope for me.  :)

I'll keep trying. Makes me a bit sad that it works in Windows XP and not on
Debian. It's not a big deal just an annoyance.
On Dec 9, 2014 1:33 PM, "Steve Edmonds" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This seems to work fine in my Opensuse with LO 4.1.6.
> steve
> On 2014-12-10 04:58, RichardH wrote:
>
>> In Windows version copy and paste works as expected. In Linux versions it
>> doesn't.
>>
>> In Windows, copy 1 to 1+n cells and paste them where you wish.
>>
>> In Linux, copy 1 to 1+n cells and you get a dialog window that does not
>> work. I can copy 1 cell and paste it 10 times, but cannot paste into 1+n
>> cells.
>> On Dec 9, 2014 6:09 AM, "Maleks123 [via Document Foundation Mail
>> Archive]" <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>  i thinks that all are folks. that thing all knows.
>>> that simple is that ctrl + c = copy , ctrl+v = paste, ctrl+x = cut.
>>> Its very easy.
>>> thanks,
>>> The Cheesy Animation - 3D Intrior Design And Rendering.
>>> http://www.thecheesyanimation.com/Interior-Design-&-Rendering.html

>>> here
>>> <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?
>>> macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=4130531&code=
>>> cmljaGFyZC5ob2x0QGdtYWlsLmNvbXw0MTMwNTMxfC04MzkzMjQyMTk=>
>>> .
>>> NAML
>>> <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?
>>> macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&
>>> base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.
>>> web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.
>>> NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%
>>> 3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_
>>> instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

Have you tried Ctl-Ins and Sft-Ins.
I have noticed some programs map these differently from Ctl-C, Ctl-V.
Ctl-C, Ctl-V is for right handed people and Ctl-Ins, Sft-Ins is for left
handed people.
Steve
On 2014-12-10 11:12, Richard wrote:

> Thanks Steve, happy to hear that. Maybe there's hope for me.  :)
>
> I'll keep trying. Makes me a bit sad that it works in Windows XP and
> not on Debian. It's not a big deal just an annoyance.
>
> On Dec 9, 2014 1:33 PM, "Steve Edmonds" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     This seems to work fine in my Opensuse with LO 4.1.6.
>     steve
>     On 2014-12-10 04:58, RichardH wrote:
>
>         In Windows version copy and paste works as expected. In Linux
>         versions it
>         doesn't.
>
>         In Windows, copy 1 to 1+n cells and paste them where you wish.
>
>         In Linux, copy 1 to 1+n cells and you get a dialog window that
>         does not
>         work. I can copy 1 cell and paste it 10 times, but cannot
>         paste into 1+n
>         cells.
>         On Dec 9, 2014 6:09 AM, "Maleks123 [via Document Foundation
>         Mail Archive]" <
>         [hidden email]
>         <mailto:ml-node%[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>             i thinks that all are folks. that thing all knows.
>             that simple is that ctrl + c = copy , ctrl+v = paste,
>             ctrl+x = cut.
>             Its very easy.
>             thanks,
>             The Cheesy Animation - 3D Intrior Design And Rendering.
>             http://www.thecheesyanimation.com/Interior-Design-&-Rendering.html

>             in Calc, click
>             here
>             <
>             .
>             NAML
>             <
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

>         --
>     All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
>     cannot be deleted

RichardH RichardH

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

No, but I will in a few minutes.
Thanks. Will advise.

Tony Pursell Tony Pursell

On 9 December 2014 at 22:57, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> This seems to work fine in my Opensuse with LO 4.1.6.
> >> steve>>> Sent from the Discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

I am using LO Version: 4.2.7.2 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and there seems to be
no problem.

RichardH RichardH

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

Thanks, Tony. I'm going to downgrade to see if that helps.
I know it used to work.
Been working for about 14 years or so.

yahoo-pier_andreit yahoo-pier_andreit

On 12/10/2014 01:40 PM, Richard wrote:

> Thanks, Tony. I'm going to downgrade to see if that helps.
> I know it used to work.
> Been working for about 14 years or so.

> I am using LO Version: 4.2.7.2 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and there seems to be
> no problem.

for me too with opensuse 13.1 and libreoffice 4.1.6.2 no problems :-) :-)

sorry richard to answer to you only due to the very annoying behaviour
of ctrl+r that answer only to sender and not to list :-)

Algot Runeman Algot Runeman

On 12/09/2014 10:58 AM, RichardH wrote:
> In Windows version copy and paste works as expected. In Linux versions it
> doesn't.
>
> In Windows, copy 1 to 1+n cells and paste them where you wish.
>
> In Linux, copy 1 to 1+n cells and you get a dialog window that does not
> work. I can copy 1 cell and paste it 10 times, but cannot paste into 1+n
> cells.

Quick test on Kubuntu using version 4.4.3.2:
was able to paste to a 1+N several times in either columns (vertical) or
rows as well as a rectangular selection of cells.

Hope that's good news.

--Algot (Just a regular user)

RichardH RichardH

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc

Thanks Algot,

It is again working as expected for me in 4.4.3.2.  [?]

I think it actually begin to work in 4.4.0, but since I seemed to be the
only one with the problem, I didn't follow up.

Regards,
Richard.

Elliott12 Elliott12

Re: Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V only works for 1 cell in Calc