Curious question about "Styles"

Michael Tiernan Michael Tiernan

Curious question about "Styles"

I can create a document and thereby create a style for use in it.

I can then, after saving it, create another document and load those
styles in for use in this new document.

I assume I'm doing this wrong but it *seems* that I can create a "List"
type in that first document but it seems that I *cannot* load those
styles into the second document.

Am I missing something?

--
  << MCT >> Michael C Tiernan. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan
  Non Impediti Ratione Cogatationis

Barry Say Barry Say

Re: Curious question about "Styles"

In 'Styles and Formatting' (F11), the top left "New Style" button has a
Load Styles option.
The next window has a "From File' option.

Does that help?

BArry

  On 30/03/15 17:30, Michael Tiernan wrote:

> I can create a document and thereby create a style for use in it.
>
> I can then, after saving it, create another document and load those
> styles in for use in this new document.
>
> I assume I'm doing this wrong but it *seems* that I can create a "List"
> type in that first document but it seems that I *cannot* load those
> styles into the second document.
>
> Am I missing something?

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: Curious question about "Styles"

My understanding is the style you created resides in the first document.
With both documents open you can copy the style to the second document.
If you copy the new style to the default document (you may need to
create your own default document in templates) then that style will be
available in all new documents.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Steve

On 3/30/15 1:10 PM, Barry Say wrote:
> In 'Styles and Formatting' (F11), the top left "New Style" button has
> a Load Styles option.
> The next window has a "From File' option.
That's what I was doing and it works for everything BUT the list styles.
(Or so it seems.)

--
  << MCT >> Michael C Tiernan. http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan
  Non Impediti Ratione Cogatationis
  Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs
   should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Curious question about "Styles"

Hi Michael,

Michael Tiernan schrieb:
> On 3/30/15 1:10 PM, Barry Say wrote:
>> In 'Styles and Formatting' (F11), the top left "New Style" button has
>> a Load Styles option.
>> The next window has a "From File' option.
> That's what I was doing and it works for everything BUT the list styles.
> (Or so it seems.)

You need to start with the paragraph style section selected. In the load
style dialog itself you can check to only load numbering. The loaded
numbering styles are then available in the list section.

Kind regards
Regina