[DECISION] Approve associate partnering for research project application by CIB

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

[DECISION] Approve associate partnering for research project application by CIB

Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2018-10-16, is now
made public in accordance with our statutes.

Thorsten Behrens wrote:

 > as discussed earlier, here the request to become an 'associate
 > partner' for a German research project application for pseudo- and
 > anonymisation of documents.
 >
 > I attach the one-page self-advertising, plus a one-page letter of
 > intent (loi.odt - 1st page is the German version, 2nd page a quick
 > English translation) - sadly formally needed, but contains ~no
 > obligations on the side of TDF (but a right to test & use whatever
 > comes out of the project).

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders
without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of
the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 7 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.
The vote is quorate.

 From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple
majority of those participating. The majority threshold is currently 4.

Result of vote: 5 approvals, 2 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: The proposal has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]

toki toki

Re: [DECISION] Approve associate partnering for research project application by CIB

On 2/14/19 1:59 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the following decision, which was taken in private on 2018-10-16, is now
> made public in accordance with our statutes.
>
> Thorsten Behrens wrote:
>
>> as discussed earlier, here the request to become an 'associate
>> partner' for a German research project application for pseudo- and
>> anonymisation of documents.
>>
>> I attach the one-page self-advertising, plus a one-page letter of
>> intent (loi.odt - 1st page is the German version, 2nd page a quick
>> English translation) - sadly formally needed, but contains ~no
>> obligations on the side of TDF (but a right to test & use whatever
>> comes out of the project).

Can somebody either explain in more detail what that project will do, or
make the two documents alluded to, publicly available.

jonathon

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Re: [DECISION] Approve associate partnering for research project application by CIB

Hi Jonathon,

jonathon wrote:
> Can somebody either explain in more detail what that project will do, or
> make the two documents alluded to, publicly available.

Here's a (sadly German-only) blog with a brief announcement:

https://cib-events.de/2019/01/25/update-protection-of-privacy-pop/

(and a link to an earlier project outline from October last year).

Project is currently in the review phase, but happy to try & answer
any question.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment
toki toki

On 2/27/19 12:28 AM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:

> Here's a (sadly German-only) blog with a brief announcement:

German organization with a contract with a non-profit based in Germany,
the only reason to not use German, is because a minority language
related to German is being used.

Details are sadly lacking.

> Project is currently in the review phase, but happy to try & answer any question.

I saw the Telegram (or was it Signal) thread that talked about
redaction, weeks later. This is the wrong list for explaining why the
approach discussed there is wrong/bad/ very poor OpSec.

jonathon wrote:
> I saw the Telegram (or was it Signal) thread that talked about
> redaction, weeks later. This is the wrong list for explaining why
> the approach discussed there is wrong/bad/ very poor OpSec.

Perhaps indeed the wrong list. ;)

Just that, sometimes redaction is the only viable option out there
(the other is just sending documents as-is).

Let me know (perhaps also off-list) where would be a suitable venue to
follow-up en detail.