[DECISION] - Budget Request promoting LibreOffice/ODF at event for Dutch administrations

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

[DECISION] - Budget Request promoting LibreOffice/ODF at event for Dutch administrations

Hello,

the following decision, which was taken in private on 2018-10-04, is now
made public in accordance with our statutes.

Proposal
= = = =
  - spent EUR 4760.- from the marketing budget on key event for (local)
administrations in The Netherlands to promote ODF and LibreOffice.

Details
= = = =
Where and when:
  - Utrecht, event for (local) administrations, 2018-10-10
    https://www.jaarbeurs.nl/agenda/2994/overheid-360-2018

What:
  - promote LibreOffice and ODF:
  - educate the people on open document standard (again)
  - educate organizations about their possibilities to use
    free office-software

Why there:
  - main event for software and administrations in The Netherlands
  - there are two clear open source items at the event
    (presentation from an national agency; initiative for an OSS
     solution for central software needs of local administrations)
  - (last minute) timing is not nice, still tired and much to do
  - but we didn't have any activity yet in The Netherlands and the
    event is important to keep visibility in these organizations

How:
  - small table / booth
  - banner LibreOffice / ODF
  - sheet LibreOffice
  - sheet ODF
  - sheet examples administrations using it.
  - booth staff and preparing stuff by Rob and me
    (based on existing marketing materials)
    (we'll ask assistance at the booth from other members too)

Costs:
  - total max 4760
  specified:
  - booth 4235.-
  - banners 160.-
  - info-sheets 315.-
  - travel costs 50.-

Budget marketing:
  - so far spent 2.096,17 from 31.500,00
    (TDF Budget Overview.ods FE 20180920)

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders
without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of
the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 7 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.
The vote is quorate.

 From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple
majority of those participating. The majority threshold is currently 4.

Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 disapprovals, 1 abstain.
Decision: The proposal has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]

Andreas Mantke Andreas Mantke

Re: [DECISION] - Budget Request promoting LibreOffice/ODF at event for Dutch administrations

Hi,

it's not obvious, why this (discussion and?) decision had been taken in
private and not e.g. on this list.

Because of this process in private the proposal (and decission) looks a
bit disconnected. It's e.g. not explained who is 'me' in connection with
Rob.

Kind regards,
Andreas

> the following decision, which was taken in private on 2018-10-04, is
> now made public in accordance with our statutes.
>
> Proposal
> = = = =
>  - spent EUR 4760.- from the marketing budget on key event for (local)
> administrations in The Netherlands to promote ODF and LibreOffice.
>
> Details
> = = = =
> Where and when:
>  - Utrecht, event for (local) administrations, 2018-10-10
>    https://www.jaarbeurs.nl/agenda/2994/overheid-360-2018
>
> What:
>  - promote LibreOffice and ODF:
>  - educate the people on open document standard (again)
>  - educate organizations about their possibilities to use
>    free office-software
>
> Why there:
>  - main event for software and administrations in The Netherlands
>  - there are two clear open source items at the event
>    (presentation from an national agency; initiative for an OSS
>     solution for central software needs of local administrations)
>  - (last minute) timing is not nice, still tired and much to do
>  - but we didn't have any activity yet in The Netherlands and the
>    event is important to keep visibility in these organizations
>
> How:
>  - small table / booth
>  - banner LibreOffice / ODF
>  - sheet LibreOffice
>  - sheet ODF
>  - sheet examples administrations using it.
>  - booth staff and preparing stuff by Rob and me
>    (based on existing marketing materials)
>    (we'll ask assistance at the booth from other members too)
>
> Costs:
>  - total max 4760
>  specified:
>  - booth 4235.-
>  - banners 160.-
>  - info-sheets 315.-
>  - travel costs 50.-
>
> Budget marketing:
>  - so far spent 2.096,17 from 31.500,00
>    (TDF Budget Overview.ods FE 20180920)
>
> The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat
> holders without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to
> have 1/2 of the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.
>
> A total of 7 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.
> The vote is quorate.
>
> From now on, motions can be passed with the agreement of a simple
> majority of those participating. The majority threshold is currently 4.
>
> Result of vote: 6 approvals, 0 disapprovals, 1 abstain.
> Decision: The proposal has been accepted.
>
> This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.
>
> Florian

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: [DECISION] - Budget Request promoting LibreOffice/ODF at event for Dutch administrations

Hello Andreas,

Andreas Mantke <[hidden email]> wrote on Tue, 9 Oct 2018 20:34:09 +0200:

> it's not obvious, why this (discussion and?) decision had been taken in
> private and not e.g. on this list.

the board has been approached in private for a funding request, see also
https://www.documentfoundation.org/foundation/grant-request/ where the
treasurer@ alias is named.

> Because of this process in private the proposal (and decission) looks a
> bit disconnected. It's e.g. not explained who is 'me' in connection with
> Rob.

Indeed, you're right about that - sorry for the glitch. "Me" is Cor Nouws.