Debug information

Daniel Espinosa Daniel Espinosa

Debug information

I found a file in MS Word when it change a footnote and then save again
keeping the original format, LibreOffice Writer crash. I try to reproduce
the error, but the information in the file is confidential, then I can't
share with any one.

I think that is very important for developers to get backtrace information
on crashes of any component of LibreOffice, then why don't distribute debug
information DEB or RMP packages in pre-realises in order to help and add
this information to a bug report?

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los cuates:
LIBRE)

Miklos Vajna Miklos Vajna

Re: Debug information

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 05:51:04PM -0600, Daniel Espinosa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think that is very important for developers to get backtrace information
> on crashes of any component of LibreOffice, then why don't distribute debug
> information DEB or RMP packages in pre-realises in order to help and add
> this information to a bug report?

Have you tried constructing a minimal example that still reproduces the
crash but is no longer confidental?

That's especially important for regression testing.

Daniel Espinosa Daniel Espinosa

Re: Debug information

I'll try...

2011/3/23 Miklos Vajna <[hidden email]>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 05:51:04PM -0600, Daniel Espinosa <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > I think that is very important for developers to get backtrace
> information
> > on crashes of any component of LibreOffice, then why don't distribute
> debug
> > information DEB or RMP packages in pre-realises in order to help and add
> > this information to a bug report?
>
> Have you tried constructing a minimal example that still reproduces the
> crash but is no longer confidental?
>
> That's especially important for regression testing.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (en trámite, pero para los cuates:
LIBRE)

doubi doubi

Re: Debug information

Hi Daniel,

On 24/03/11 23:46, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> I'll try...

Any luck creating a minimal example? I'm afraid I don't have a copy of
MS Office to try with.

Does the problem occur when editing just any footnote created with Word,
or is there something else unusual about the document?

Which version of Word?

Which version of Windows?

Which version of LO?

Such info might help other people reproduce your problem :-)

Cheers,

-r