Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Harshad Italiya Harshad Italiya

Hi,

I am using LibreOffice Calc 3.6.2.2. When I enter Date as 30/05/2013 in
column it displays it according to the format I have selected for CELL. Now
when I go for edit this column I can see it is changing this DD/MM/YYYY
format in which I have entered data to MM/DD/YYYY automatically.

Is there any way so I can set DD/MM/YYYY default so whenever I go for
editing it will show me 30/05/2013 not 05/30/2013 ?

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Le 07/08/13 10:56, Harshad Italiya a écrit :

Hi,

> Is there any way so I can set DD/MM/YYYY default so whenever I go for
> editing it will show me 30/05/2013 not 05/30/2013 ?

1) What is your system locale set to ?
2) What is your LO locale set to ?
3) Which lang-pack (if any) are you using ?

Alex

Harshad Italiya Harshad Italiya

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Hi Alex,
I have just changed my Local Date format and now it's working OK.

Thanks Alex. :)

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Alexander Thurgood
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Le 07/08/13 10:56, Harshad Italiya a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
> > Is there any way so I can set DD/MM/YYYY default so whenever I go for
> > editing it will show me 30/05/2013 not 05/30/2013 ?
> >

> 1) What is your system locale set to ?
> 2) What is your LO locale set to ?
> 3) Which lang-pack (if any) are you using ?
>

> Alex

Screwbottle Screwbottle

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Hi Harshad

I find this in my support of clients, a common issue with spreadsheets.
Not sure whether you are using a Windows based system or Linux based,
but the fix is the same. Start off first with making sure your base
operating system is regionalized correctly for your country / language
etc. Windows is more the culprit for doing this, and sets defaults for
American English, but you could have it wrong for your Linux as well.

If you correct it within the country/language settings (Windows -
Control panel - Region and language)(Ubuntu Linux and other similiar
distros - System Settings - Language Support - Languages)||, then your
spreadsheet (and all other data for that matter) will tend to default to
your global settings. You will see a section where you can correct the
default date format. My country and language settings is the same as
yours, date then month then year,and I have to correct mine this way as
well.

Try this, I am sure you will resolve your mentioned problem.

Regards

Andrew Brown

On 07/08/2013 10:56 AM, Harshad Italiya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using LibreOffice Calc 3.6.2.2. When I enter Date as 30/05/2013 in
> column it displays it according to the format I have selected for CELL. Now
> when I go for edit this column I can see it is changing this DD/MM/YYYY
> format in which I have entered data to MM/DD/YYYY automatically.
>
> Is there any way so I can set DD/MM/YYYY default so whenever I go for
> editing it will show me 30/05/2013 not 05/30/2013 ?

Harshad Italiya Harshad Italiya

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Hi Andrew,

Yes now it is resolved as I changed my System time format. Thanks for
support.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Andrew Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Hi Harshad
>
> I find this in my support of clients, a common issue with spreadsheets.
> Not sure whether you are using a Windows based system or Linux based, but
> the fix is the same. Start off first with making sure your base operating
> system is regionalized correctly for your country / language etc. Windows
> is more the culprit for doing this, and sets defaults for American English,
> but you could have it wrong for your Linux as well.
>
> If you correct it within the country/language settings (Windows - Control
> panel - Region and language)(Ubuntu Linux and other similiar distros -
> System Settings - Language Support - Languages), then your spreadsheet
> (and all other data for that matter) will tend to default to your global
> settings. You will see a section where you can correct the default date
> format. My country and language settings is the same as yours, date then
> month then year,and I have to correct mine this way as well.
>
> Try this, I am sure you will resolve your mentioned problem.
>
> Regards
>
> Andrew Brown
>
>  On 07/08/2013 10:56 AM, Harshad Italiya wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am using LibreOffice Calc 3.6.2.2. When I enter Date as 30/05/2013 in
> column it displays it according to the format I have selected for CELL. Now
> when I go for edit this column I can see it is changing this DD/MM/YYYY
> format in which I have entered data to MM/DD/YYYY automatically.
>
> Is there any way so I can set DD/MM/YYYY default so whenever I go for
> editing it will show me 30/05/2013 not 05/30/2013 ?

Ralph Navarro Ralph Navarro

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Is the date format for LibreOffice headers and footers locked into the
originator's locale?  What if you wanted to write a letter or spreadsheet to
someone in another country and wanted to make the date format in the headers
and footers match what they use?

Is it possible to change the date format used in the headers and footers
without having to reset the originator's system locale?

m.a.riosv m.a.riosv

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Hi Ralph,
double click the field, selecting additional format you can choose the language for date field.

Ralph Navarro Ralph Navarro

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Nothing happens when I double click the date field that I added in the
"Headers and Footers".

m.a.riosv m.a.riosv

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Sorry  Ralph  I confuse the application.

For calc editing the header select the field and the button for change Font, there you can select the language.

Ralph Navarro Ralph Navarro

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

Changing the text attribute language for the date field in a header or footer
does NOT change the date format.  If I highlight the date field in the
header, select text attribute, change the language from English to
Portuguese, then goto the menu->File->Page Preview, the date still shows
03/08/2014 when Portuguese uses the European date styles of day-month-year!

m.a.riosv m.a.riosv

Re: Default Date Format in Libreoffice Calc

You are right about calc, I thought that I had verified it, but it's clear not properly.

The format used is the locale in which the file is open, not the locale in what the file was created. At least is how it works for me, saving in 4.1 Spanish local and opening in 4.2 locale English USA.

Miguel Ángel.