Default column width in Calc

David Lynch David Lynch

I want to change the default column width so that when I double click
the divider on an empty column, the width of the column is this new
default value. Is this possible?

Here is what happens now.

Open a new spreadsheet, the default column width is 2.26 cm.
[cntl-a] Format->Column->Width... change to 0.5 cm (doesn't matter when
Default value is ticked or not)
Enter aaa in a1, ccc in c1.
Select columns A, B and C.
Double click divider.
Column B is 2.26 cm wide. I want it to be 0.5 cm wide.

David Lynch

Version: 5.1.0.3
Build ID: 5e3e00a007d9b3b6efb6797a8b8e57b51ab1f737
Widows 10