Deleting a row with anchored object

Ilhan Yesil Ilhan Yesil

Deleting a row with anchored object

Hi,

what is the expected behaviour, if I delete a row where one object (let's say checkbox ) is anchored to one cell in the row.

The current behaviour is, that the object survives and is afterwards anchored to the cell below.

row 1   textA1    textB1
row 2   textA2    checkboxB2
row 3   textA3    textB3

after deleting row 2:

row 1   textA1    textB1
row 2   textA3    textB3 checkboxB2

Ilhan

Samuel Mehrbrodt-2 Samuel Mehrbrodt-2

Re: Deleting a row with anchored object

Hi Ilhan,

my take is: If an object is anchored to the cell, it should be treated like cell content. So in this case I would suggest that the object also should be deleted.

Bug 122982 did the same when cutting a cell, the image is now also deleted in that case.

Excel does think differently here (image not removed, neither when cutting, nor when removing the cell).

Regards
Samuel

Miklos Vajna-6 Miklos Vajna-6

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 11:35:13AM +0100, Ilhan Yesil <[hidden email]> wrote:
> what is the expected behaviour, if I delete a row where one object (let's say
> checkbox ) is anchored to one cell in the row.

Is this an anchored object in Writer or Calc?

Regards,

Miklos