Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi all,

after having summarized the current work status in our last step, I
think it's time to say hello to each other ;-)

So I've created a page in the wiki that may contain some information
about your interests and such stuff - and I'd like to ask you to add
this information. To ease the pain, I already added "myself" to the
page. So please - also those who introduced themselves via mail - let us
know :-)

Moreover, I heavily recommend to use your user page in the wiki to
provide some more information in a less formal way. Being a bit more
verbose, it greatly helps to let others understand your motivation,
maybe even your ideas what to achieve with / for LibreOffice.

To be honest, I missed (due to time constraints) to create such a page
for me. But this will be done - for sure! If you want to know where to
find that "wiki user page" - this special link leads to your page in the
wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:MyPage

Design Team Information (the page to be edited):
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Team

Kick-Off Step 3 Overview:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Kick-Off#Step_3:_Introduction_of_the_Team_Members

I don't know how much time will be required to provide that information.
But given the fact, that you might also want to be productive very soon,
how about two or three days?

For the sake of completeness: an example how such a page looked for our
team at OpenOffice.org - Ivan already mentioned it quite some time ago:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience_Community

Thanks in advance! I'm curious about all the interesting facts :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

mirek2 mirek2

Re: Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi Christoph,

2011/2/9 Christoph Noack <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> after having summarized the current work status in our last step, I
> think it's time to say hello to each other ;-)
>
> So I've created a page in the wiki that may contain some information
> about your interests and such stuff - and I'd like to ask you to add
> this information. To ease the pain, I already added "myself" to the
> page. So please - also those who introduced themselves via mail - let us
> know :-)
>
> Moreover, I heavily recommend to use your user page in the wiki to
> provide some more information in a less formal way. Being a bit more
> verbose, it greatly helps to let others understand your motivation,
> maybe even your ideas what to achieve with / for LibreOffice.
>
> To be honest, I missed (due to time constraints) to create such a page
> for me. But this will be done - for sure! If you want to know where to
> find that "wiki user page" - this special link leads to your page in the
> wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:MyPage
>
> Design Team Information (the page to be edited):
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Team
>
> Kick-Off Step 3 Overview:
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Kick-Off#Step_3:_Introduction_of_the_Team_Members
>
> I don't know how much time will be required to provide that information.
> But given the fact, that you might also want to be productive very soon,
> how about two or three days?

Sounds good. I'm eager to start discussing topics.

> For the sake of completeness: an example how such a page looked for our
> team at OpenOffice.org - Ivan already mentioned it quite some time ago:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience_Community
>

> Thanks in advance! I'm curious about all the interesting facts :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi all,

currently I'm trying to "manage" my breakfast, but I was curious who you
are ... I had a look at the Team page to be populated. Although it
already made fun to consume the stuff there, I'm sure the page misses a
lot of people who already contributed to artwork or usability. Don't
forget ;-)

If you need help with the wiki, or if you have serious doubts why the
"meeting each other" won't work well that way - just comment. Otherwise,
you'll find the links below.

And just one question to Luca - what are the other projects you are
working on? How did you get "here"? I had a look at your blog, but I
lack (besides other skills *G*) Italian.

Enjoy your day!

Christoph

Am Mittwoch, den 09.02.2011, 00:07 +0100 schrieb Christoph Noack:

> Hi all,
>
> after having summarized the current work status in our last step, I
> think it's time to say hello to each other ;-)
>
> So I've created a page in the wiki that may contain some information
> about your interests and such stuff - and I'd like to ask you to add
> this information. To ease the pain, I already added "myself" to the
> page. So please - also those who introduced themselves via mail - let us
> know :-)
>
> Moreover, I heavily recommend to use your user page in the wiki to
> provide some more information in a less formal way. Being a bit more
> verbose, it greatly helps to let others understand your motivation,
> maybe even your ideas what to achieve with / for LibreOffice.
>
> To be honest, I missed (due to time constraints) to create such a page
> for me. But this will be done - for sure! If you want to know where to
> find that "wiki user page" - this special link leads to your page in the
> wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Special:MyPage
>
> Design Team Information (the page to be edited):
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Team
>
> Kick-Off Step 3 Overview:
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Kick-Off#Step_3:_Introduction_of_the_Team_Members
>
> I don't know how much time will be required to provide that information.
> But given the fact, that you might also want to be productive very soon,
> how about two or three days?
>

> For the sake of completeness: an example how such a page looked for our
> team at OpenOffice.org - Ivan already mentioned it quite some time ago:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience_Community
>

> Thanks in advance! I'm curious about all the interesting facts :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

bedipp bedipp

Re: Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi Christoph, all,

Christoph Noack schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> currently I'm trying to "manage" my breakfast, but I was curious who you
> are ... I had a look at the Team page to be populated. Although it
> already made fun to consume the stuff there, I'm sure the page misses a
> lot of people who already contributed to artwork or usability. Don't
> forget ;-)

Thanks for the reminder!

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Team

Done :-)

(much too less space there ;-))

Best regards

Bernhard

Luca Cappelletti Luca Cappelletti

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 08:12, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> currently I'm trying to "manage" my breakfast, but I was curious who you
> are ... I had a look at the Team page to be populated. Although it
> already made fun to consume the stuff there, I'm sure the page misses a
> lot of people who already contributed to artwork or usability. Don't
> forget ;-)
>
> If you need help with the wiki, or if you have serious doubts why the
> "meeting each other" won't work well that way - just comment. Otherwise,
> you'll find the links below.
>
> And just one question to Luca - what are the other projects you are
> working on? How did you get "here"? I had a look at your blog, but I
> lack (besides other skills *G*) Italian.
>
> Enjoy your day!
>
> Christoph

Hello Christoph,
good morning :)

I'm fully addicted in terms of "Free/Libre" software movement and due to
I've very deep interests and little knowledge in interaction/emotional
design I would like to provide my availability into LibreOffice community in
some way.

I'm involved into a personal project called SpatialBundles where I'm
building a new distribution software package system that should be fully
cross platform in terms of hardware and operative systems.
I've just package the official LibreOffice binaries, if you want to checkout
here:

http://linux-app-catalog.blogspot.com/search/label/Office

and test against GNU/Linux.

I'm very happy to what happened in terms of the born of The Document
Foundation now I'm sure that we can provide the right alternative to MS
Office and Apple iWork due to now...it's really free and not only "open".

I don't have a very big skill in C++ but I can learn very quickly and refine
my knowledge, the problem for me at the moment is that the source tree is so
huge and not clear to understand the big vision.
I don't know where thinks happens and why and require me too much time to
reverse the code.
I give you my availability to do what I can do.

Thank you for all your works,

Luca

--
---
Luca Cappelletti

"...Together we stand, divided we fall."

.O.
..O
OOO

Zeitgeist Activist

FSF Member: #9269
Linux Registered User: #223411
Ubuntu Registered User: #7221

"l'intelligenza è utile per la sopravvivenza se ci permette di estinguere
una cattiva idea prima che la cattiva idea estingua noi"

"La chiave di ogni uomo è il suo pensiero. Benché egli possa apparire saldo
e autonomo, ha un criterio cui obbedisce, che è l'idea in base alla quale
classifica tutte le cose. Può essere cambiato solo mostrandogli una nuova
idea che sovrasti la sua"

"Uno studioso è soltanto un modo in cui una biblioteca crea un’altra
biblioteca "

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi Bernhard, all!

Thanks for adding your information to the page ... my personal highlight
at the moment: Jaron's Interests "Anything really that needs help...
even the tasks people don't like doing". A real hero! :-)

Am Donnerstag, den 10.02.2011, 11:49 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
> Christoph Noack schrieb:
> > I'm sure the page misses a lot of people who already contributed to
> artwork or usability. Don't forget ;-)
>
> Thanks for the reminder!
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Team
>
> Done :-)

Perfect!

I also managed to add some details on what I do now, and what I've done
for OpenOffice.org. Although the page looks still terribly crowded,
maybe some of you might enjoy to have a look at it ... to me, it was
quite funny to browse through the "old" stuff.

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:ChristophNoack

Do you think something is missing, you are interested in? Then, please
speak up :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi Christoph, all!

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> [...]
> For the sake of completeness: an example how such a page looked for our
> team at OpenOffice.org - Ivan already mentioned it quite some time ago:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience_Community

Thanks Christoph for all the great work you do and for pushing this
forward! I wish I had more time (to upload a photo, etc) but my
initial contribution to that page will have to do for now :)
Thanks also to the people who have added themselves to the page - we
have a fantastic team here!

Regards,
Ivan.

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Design Team Kick-Off Step 3: Introduction of the Team Members

Hi Ivan, all!

Am Freitag, den 11.02.2011, 22:55 +1300 schrieb Ivan M.:

> Hi Christoph, all!
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 12:07 PM, Christoph Noack <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > [...]
> > For the sake of completeness: an example how such a page looked for our
> > team at OpenOffice.org - Ivan already mentioned it quite some time ago:
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User_Experience_Community
>
> Thanks Christoph for all the great work you do and for pushing this
> forward! I wish I had more time (to upload a photo, etc) but my
> initial contribution to that page will have to do for now :)

Well, if you have to decide - the wiki is much more "patient" in
comparison to the website ;-) But if you like me to upload / resize /
tweak / (redo?) a picture, just send it to me, please.

> Thanks also to the people who have added themselves to the page - we
> have a fantastic team here!

Absolutely, I'm very impressed ... and I really look forward to what we
can achieve. Oh, good point: The next step are:
      * Step 4: Collection of thoughts what we do need to organize / to
        do our work
      * Step 5: Working on the "urgent needs" of our current project -->
        e.g. fulfill the urgent request to feed the development

Could you please think a bit about these two issues? I'll be away (close
to offline) during the weekend, so it would be great if we could resume
well prepared. In my FOSDEM presentation, I already had a brief look at
"Step 4", but the more experience the better the outcome :-)

Thanks a lot!

@ Bernhard: How to continue with the Logo-without-TDF-subline? Shall we
put together all the proposals and decide within the team? The next SC
call might be soon ...

Cheers,
Christoph