Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Hello,

I'm working with Sophie Gautier on implementing the Open Badges system
in our community: https://openbadges.org

In short, it lets us recognise achievements of community members, by
issuing badges when certain targets are reached (eg after a certain
number of code commits, or updates to the wiki). We're working with the
infra team to see what's possible, but in the meantime, we'd like to get
some design ideas for badges!

I've gone through the process of issuing a badge, but the standard
design isn't very exciting:

https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/rookie-badge-issuer.png

We'd like to have something with much more LibreOffice identify, based
on the branding and colour guidelines here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

If anyone wants to try a few concepts or mockups, that'd be great :-)
The main design requirement is that they fit into a square, and have a
transparent background, like the example above.

Thanks :-)

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation

Franklin Weng-2 Franklin Weng-2

Re: Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Hi Mike,

Mike Saunders 於 2019/2/12 下午11:45 寫道:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working with Sophie Gautier on implementing the Open Badges system
> in our community: https://openbadges.org
>
> In short, it lets us recognise achievements of community members, by
> issuing badges when certain targets are reached (eg after a certain
> number of code commits, or updates to the wiki). We're working with the
> infra team to see what's possible, but in the meantime, we'd like to get
> some design ideas for badges!
>
> I've gone through the process of issuing a badge, but the standard
> design isn't very exciting:
>
> https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/rookie-badge-issuer.png
>
> We'd like to have something with much more LibreOffice identify, based
> on the branding and colour guidelines here:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
>
> If anyone wants to try a few concepts or mockups, that'd be great :-)
> The main design requirement is that they fit into a square, and have a
> transparent background, like the example above.
>
> Thanks :-)
Here is one proposal for the badge design, by my friend (in Taiwan).

--
Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee

Franklin Weng-2 Franklin Weng-2

Re: Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Oops, sorry, here is the file.

Franklin Weng 於 2019/2/14 下午8:20 寫道:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike Saunders 於 2019/2/12 下午11:45 寫道:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm working with Sophie Gautier on implementing the Open Badges system
>> in our community: https://openbadges.org
>>
>> In short, it lets us recognise achievements of community members, by
>> issuing badges when certain targets are reached (eg after a certain
>> number of code commits, or updates to the wiki). We're working with the
>> infra team to see what's possible, but in the meantime, we'd like to get
>> some design ideas for badges!
>>
>> I've gone through the process of issuing a badge, but the standard
>> design isn't very exciting:
>>
>> https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/rookie-badge-issuer.png
>>
>> We'd like to have something with much more LibreOffice identify, based
>> on the branding and colour guidelines here:
>>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
>>
>> If anyone wants to try a few concepts or mockups, that'd be great :-)
>> The main design requirement is that they fit into a square, and have a
>> transparent background, like the example above.
>>
>> Thanks :-)
> Here is one proposal for the badge design, by my friend (in Taiwan).

--
Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee

79045 79045 79045 79045

Re[2]: [libreoffice-design] Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Franklin, there isn't a file :D

BR, Kompi

>Четверг, 14 февраля 2019, 15:26 +03:00 от Franklin Weng < [hidden email] >:
>
>Oops, sorry, here is the file.
>
>Franklin Weng 於 2019/2/14 下午8:20 寫道:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Mike Saunders 於 2019/2/12 下午11:45 寫道:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm working with Sophie Gautier on implementing the Open Badges system
>>> in our community:  https://openbadges.org
>>>
>>> In short, it lets us recognise achievements of community members, by
>>> issuing badges when certain targets are reached (eg after a certain
>>> number of code commits, or updates to the wiki). We're working with the
>>> infra team to see what's possible, but in the meantime, we'd like to get
>>> some design ideas for badges!
>>>
>>> I've gone through the process of issuing a badge, but the standard
>>> design isn't very exciting:
>>>
>>>  https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/rookie-badge-issuer.png
>>>
>>> We'd like to have something with much more LibreOffice identify, based
>>> on the branding and colour guidelines here:
>>>
>>>  https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to try a few concepts or mockups, that'd be great :-)
>>> The main design requirement is that they fit into a square, and have a
>>> transparent background, like the example above.
>>>
>>> Thanks :-)
>> Here is one proposal for the badge design, by my friend (in Taiwan).
>>
>--
>Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee
>The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
>Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>Legal details:  https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Thanks Franklin! Although indeed, the design list filters attachments,
so I've uploaded it to the wiki:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/d/d8/Fweng_openbadges_proposal.png

(We can also use the wiki for future ideas.) I like the design, although
the text around the edge may be hard to read when the badge is shown at
a smaller size... What do others think?

Franklin Weng-2 Franklin Weng-2

Re: Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

It seems that the design mailing list filtered the file out...

Роман К. 於 2019/2/14 下午8:33 寫道:

> Franklin, there isn't a file :D
>
> BR, Kompi
>
>     Четверг, 14 февраля 2019, 15:26 +03:00 от Franklin Weng
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Oops, sorry, here is the file.
>
>     Franklin Weng 於 2019/2/14 下午8:20 寫道:
>     > Hi Mike,
>     >
>     > Mike Saunders 於 2019/2/12 下午11:45 寫道:
>     >> Hello,
>     >>
>     >> I'm working with Sophie Gautier on implementing the Open Badges
>     system
>     >> in our community: https://openbadges.org
>     >>
>     >> In short, it lets us recognise achievements of community
>     members, by
>     >> issuing badges when certain targets are reached (eg after a certain
>     >> number of code commits, or updates to the wiki). We're working
>     with the
>     >> infra team to see what's possible, but in the meantime, we'd
>     like to get
>     >> some design ideas for badges!
>     >>
>     >> I've gone through the process of issuing a badge, but the standard
>     >> design isn't very exciting:
>     >>
>     >> https://newdesign.libreoffice.org/rookie-badge-issuer.png
>     >>
>     >> We'd like to have something with much more LibreOffice
>     identify, based
>     >> on the branding and colour guidelines here:
>     >>
>     >> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding
>     >>
>     >> If anyone wants to try a few concepts or mockups, that'd be
>     great :-)
>     >> The main design requirement is that they fit into a square, and
>     have a
>     >> transparent background, like the example above.
>     >>
>     >> Thanks :-)
>     > Here is one proposal for the badge design, by my friend (in Taiwan).
>     >
>     --
>     Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee
>     The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
>     Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>     Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>

>     --

Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee

Franklin Weng-2 Franklin Weng-2

Re: Design ideas wanted! Open Badges for LibreOffice contributions

Hi Mike, *

Mike Saunders 於 2019/2/14 下午8:41 寫道:
> Thanks Franklin! Although indeed, the design list filters attachments,
> so I've uploaded it to the wiki:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/d/d8/Fweng_openbadges_proposal.png
>
> (We can also use the wiki for future ideas.) I like the design, although
> the text around the edge may be hard to read when the badge is shown at
> a smaller size... What do others think?

I created a wiki page for Open Badges proposals:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Open_Badges/Proposals

My friend Chao-Lung Lin has provided 2 proposals so far.

--
Franklin Weng, Member, Board of Director & Certification Committee