Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

kara kara

Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Hi all,

Our applications for talks and a booth have been accepted for the Free
Software and Linux Days (Özgür Yazılım ve Linux Günleri) 2018 in
Istanbul on  May 12-13. Please find the details below.

Booth:

We will have a LibreOffice booth set up with the following items:

  * 1 LibreOffice roll-up
  * 1 LibreOffice horizontal banner
  * 1 LibreOffice table cloth
  * Posters
  * Flyers
  * Stickers

Presentations:

We will have 3 presentations during the event.

# Presentation Title Speaker(s) Date & Time Location
1 LibreOffice Geliştiricisi Olmak (Being a LibreOffice Developer)
Muhammet Kara <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Kara> May 12th,
10:00 2nd Hall
2 LibreOffice Sertifikasyonu (LibreOffice Certifications) Muhammet
Kara <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Kara> May 12th, 10:25
2nd Hall
3 Açık Belge Biçimi (The Open Document Format) Nurcan Tür May 12th,
12:30 2nd Hall

We are preparing some visuals/posters to be shared online, and to be put
on the events page.

We will be using the hashtags #LibreOffice #LibreOfficeTürkiye #oylg2018
before, during, and after the event to share announcements, news,
after-event reports, and photos.

Your own sharings, likes, retweets etc with hashtags and mentions to
spread the word about this would be much appreciated. You may find more
details on the wiki:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2018/OYLG2018

Cheers,
Muhammet

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Hi Muhammet,

On 09/05/2018 09:04, Muhammet Kara wrote:

> Our applications for talks and a booth have been accepted for the Free
> Software and Linux Days (Özgür Yazılım ve Linux Günleri) 2018 in
> Istanbul on  May 12-13. Please find the details below.

Fantastic, thanks for organising this! As always, if you send me a short
summary and photos at the end, I'll write it up on the blog and spread
the word :-)

Cheers,
Mike

Kannan Moudgalya Kannan Moudgalya

Re: Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Dear Munammet, can you please provide some information on LibreOffice certification? We are exploring the possibility of some state governments in India, and also some banks shifting to LibreOffice. Regards, Kannan

Sent from my phone

> On 09-May-2018, at 3:05 PM, Mike Saunders <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Muhammet,
>
>> On 09/05/2018 09:04, Muhammet Kara wrote:
>>
>> Our applications for talks and a booth have been accepted for the Free
>> Software and Linux Days (Özgür Yazılım ve Linux Günleri) 2018 in
>> Istanbul on  May 12-13. Please find the details below.
>
> Fantastic, thanks for organising this! As always, if you send me a short
> summary and photos at the end, I'll write it up on the blog and spread
> the word :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

sophi sophi

Re: Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Hi Kannan,
Le 10/05/2018 à 09:10, Kannan a écrit :
> Dear Munammet, can you please provide some information on LibreOffice certification? We are exploring the possibility of some state governments in India, and also some banks shifting to LibreOffice. Regards, Kannan

You'll find more information on the Certification program here :
https://www.documentfoundation.org/certification/program/
On the top right of the page you also have a Q&A page, but don't
hesitate to ask if you have any question

Cheers
Sophie

> Sent from my phone
>
>> On 09-May-2018, at 3:05 PM, Mike Saunders <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Muhammet,
>>
>>> On 09/05/2018 09:04, Muhammet Kara wrote:
>>>
>>> Our applications for talks and a booth have been accepted for the Free
>>> Software and Linux Days (Özgür Yazılım ve Linux Günleri) 2018 in
>>> Istanbul on  May 12-13. Please find the details below.
>>
>> Fantastic, thanks for organising this! As always, if you send me a short
>> summary and photos at the end, I'll write it up on the blog and spread
>> the word :-)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mike

Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

kara kara

Re: Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Hi Mike,

I am back at home after the Free Software and Linux Days 2018 in
İstanbul. It was a small and cozy event. The number of attendees was
lower than the previous years, but we had more time for each visitor as
a plus. It was also a good opportunity to break the ice between
different segments of the Turkish Free Software community.

We had a nice booth jointly run by LibreOffice Turkey and GNOME Turkey
community members, next to the Pardus booth. We gave out stickers to the
visitors, answered their questions about LibreOffice, GNOME, and
Free/Libre Software in general. Community members also had a lot of time
to chat, and to discuss the current situation and the future of our
community in Turkey.

We also had 3 LibreOffice related presentation/seminar sessions:

  * LibreOffice Geliştiricisi Olmak (Being a LibreOffice Developer), by
    Muhammet Kara
  * LibreOffice Sertifikasyonu (LibreOffice Certifications), by Muhammet
    Kara
  * Açık Belge Biçimi (The Open Document Format), Nurcan Tür

And we now have all materials to set up a complete LibreOffice booth in
any upcoming event in Turkey, thanks to TDF for funding the booth stuff,
and the travel costs of the booth staff.

Please see the wiki page for more details, photos, and links to related
tweets: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Events/2018/OYLG2018#Aftermath

Cheers,
Muhammet

--
*Muhammet Kara *
LibreOffice Certified Developer

*TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM*
*Pardus Projesi <https://www.pardus.org.tr>*
Mustafa Kemal Mahallesi Dumlupınar Bulvarı
(Eskişehir Yolu 7. km) 2151. Cadde No:154
06510 Çankaya/ANKARA
T +90 312 298 9293

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Hi Muhammet,

That's great -- thanks to you and the others for attending and giving
the talks! I've used your text as the basis for a blog post here:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2018/05/17/recap-free-software-and-linux-days-2018-in-istanbul/

Keep up the awesome work :-)

Cheers,
Mike

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Mike Saunders wrote on 17-05-18 10:48:
> That's great -- thanks to you and the others for attending and giving
> the talks! I've used your text as the basis for a blog post here:

Inspiring event & nice report indeed - thanks Muhammet!

Tweet in Dutch to spread the word
  https://twitter.com/LibreOfficeNL/status/997016962306887680

Greetings,
Cor

 / Way too busy in moving house & office these months ..

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org

Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K

Re: Details of the Upcoming Event: Free Software and Linux Days 2018 (OYLG18)

Good Job Muhammet. I hope more of this kind will be coming from different parts of the world. Good to see more and more people are getting interested with LibreOffice.

#LibreOfficeRocks

​Sincerely,

Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​