Did something change the system?

Junichi Matsukawa Junichi Matsukawa

Did something change the system?

Hi. Everyone.

I am JA Web Site adoministrater.

As usual I tried modifying the LibreOffice-JA site and it ceased to be in the web administration screen.

I was redirected to this site. ttps://auth.documentfoundation.org/saml/singleSignOn(something).

Asked for Login, I got an error screen even if I input a password.
It is doubtful, I skipped the error screen and requested to reissue the password.

Unlike the original SilverStripe Web management site, I do not know how to use the site after logging in.

Did something change the system?

Guilhem Moulin Guilhem Moulin

Re: Did something change the system?

Hi,

On Wed, 05 Sep 2018 at 10:55:17 +0900, Junichi Matsukawa wrote:
> Asked for Login, I got an error screen even if I input a password.
> […]
> Did something change the system?

Right, we changed the authentication method from Silverstripe's built-in
system to Single Sign On.  (Like the wiki a couple of months ago.)
Sorry for being silent about it, my mail to the list is still in my
“Draft” folder…

Anyway, your Silverstripe account and its associated access rights are
preserved.  But you can't use your old Silverstripe credentials to login
anymore.  Instead, please login to https://auth.documentfoundation.org/
(or the page you're being redirected to) using your Single Sign On
username and password.  AFAICT your SSO username is also the username
you're using on the wiki; if you forgot your password you'll find a
password reset link under the “sign in” form.

Hope that helps,
cheers,
--
Guilhem.

Junichi Matsukawa Junichi Matsukawa

Re: Did something change the system?

Hi. Guilhem.

Thank you for your reply.

I got to the SilberStripe editing screen.

1. I logged in to https://auth.documentfoundation.org/ .
2. I opened another tab and I logged into SilverStripe page.

I thought that I could edit from the login page.

Thanks,
Hibagonsan(Junichi Matsukawa)

On Fri, 07 Sep 2018 at 09:06:58 +0900, Junichi Matsukawa wrote:
> I got to the SilberStripe editing screen.
>
> 1. I logged in to https://auth.documentfoundation.org/ .
> 2. I opened another tab and I logged into SilverStripe page.
>
> I thought that I could edit from the login page.

That's the way it should work.  Which page is that?  Do you perhaps
block Javascript served from https://auth.documentfoundation.org/?

Unless you're already logged in, protected pages redirect you to
https://auth.documentfoundation.org/ for authentication, and redirect
you to you the page you're trying to edit.

For instance I have the following sequence of 302 (temporary)
redirection if I try to visit https://ja.libreoffice.org/admin from a
fresh browser session:

    https://ja.libreoffice.org/admin/pages
    https://ja.libreoffice.org/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fadmin%2Fpages
    https://auth.documentfoundation.org/saml/singleSignOn?SAMLRequest=…RelayState=https%3A%2F%2Fja.libreoffice.org%2FSecurity%2Flogin

After authentication, I'm brought back to the URL found in the
“ReplayState” parameter, namely https://ja.libreoffice.org/Security/login .
But that last redirect is JS-based, so browser needs to accept to run
JavaScript from https://auth.documentfoundation.org/.)

--
Guilhem.

On Fri, 07 Sep 2018 at 02:22:33 +0200, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> Unless you're already logged in, protected pages redirect you to
> https://auth.documentfoundation.org/ for authentication, and redirect
> you to you the page you're trying to edit.

Ah no my bad, the ‘BackURL’ parameter is lost actually; you're 303-
redirected to https://ja.libreoffice.org/Security/login immediately
after authentication, but there is a final 302 redirection afterwards,
the location of which (/admin/pages in that case, but in can be
/admin/pages/edit/show/1234 or whatever) is retrieved from the session.

Doesn't really matter though, and my point remains: once authenticated
you should be redirected to the protected page you're trying to access. :-)

--
Guilhem.

Junichi Matsukawa Junichi Matsukawa

Re: Did something change the system?