Digital marketing aspects I'd like to work on.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Eres Ferro Eres Ferro
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Digital marketing aspects I'd like to work on.

Hello everyone,

Just recently joined, I'm Eres Ferro from Indonesia, there are a couple of
aspects I'd like to work on regarding digital marketing aspects of
LibreOffice. I'm still relatively new to the digital marketing experience
and has no actual business experience (I'm practicing the methods of
digital marketing through my campus projects), so please correct me if I
get several things wrong.

1. Is there any way that I can contribute with LibreOffice SEO? From what
I've gathered so far, several pages are quite difficult to be accessed from
mobile. Looking at Google webmasters can give LibreOffice data of whichever
pages there are that needs fixing. I believe fixing these sites can boost
LibreOffice on search engines.

2. I really like the Youtube and Facebook social media accounts management.
Comments on Facebook accounts are quite responsive and friendly, the
Youtube contents feel like that they aren't just for new updates, but they
felt like blogs that communicates with costumers (localisation could be
useful for vlogs so engagements can be increased), Twitter has
#tipsoftheweek and retweets that boost engagement, those are lovely.

But what about Instagram? I've noticed that the main instagram account for
LibreOffice is @libreofficepics but they are not well maintained. Since we
are dealing with social media platform for pictures, my suggestion is that
the instagram account could be made active for simple purposes such as
posting sceneries with libreoffice related contents as the foreground, or
simply reposting pictures from documentfoundation blogs and reference the
links to these blogs on LibreOffice instagram account. I believe this
engagements are necessary since should LibreOffice releases full-editing
capabilities (or other major features) for Android and iOS, Instagram can
be used as one of the Social Media platforms to announce the news, since
major users of Instagram are mobile users.

Thank you everyone, I look forward to your replies.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digital marketing aspects I'd like to work on.

Answers inline.

On 26/07/19 15:25, Eres Ferro wrote:

> 1. Is there any way that I can contribute with LibreOffice SEO? From what
> I've gathered so far, several pages are quite difficult to be accessed from
> mobile. Looking at Google webmasters can give LibreOffice data of whichever
> pages there are that needs fixing. I believe fixing these sites can boost
> LibreOffice on search engines.

We know about the SEO issues of our web properties, but to fix them we
must update the Silverstripe theme and CSS. We are planning an update in
late 2019 or early 2020.

> But what about Instagram? I've noticed that the main instagram account for
> LibreOffice is @libreofficepics but they are not well maintained. Since we
> are dealing with social media platform for pictures, my suggestion is that
> the instagram account could be made active for simple purposes such as
> posting sceneries with libreoffice related contents as the foreground, or
> simply reposting pictures from documentfoundation blogs and reference the
> links to these blogs on LibreOffice instagram account. I believe this
> engagements are necessary since should LibreOffice releases full-editing
> capabilities (or other major features) for Android and iOS, Instagram can
> be used as one of the Social Media platforms to announce the news, since
> major users of Instagram are mobile users.

When we have created the Instagram account, the intention was exactly to
post pictures of conferences, meetings, events, swags, and any other
pics with a LibreOffice logo.

Unfortunately, due to the restrictive GDPR European rules, and to people
asking to remove the pictures because they did not want to be associated
with LibreOffice, we must get a written approval from every person in
each picture, and this makes the task extremely time consuming.

So, we are trying to get organized to solve this issue, maybe getting a
batch approval for pictures every quarter, to have a number of pictures
which can be published during the following quarter. We will get the
first batch of approvals at LibOCOn Almeria, to be able to start in mid
September.

--
Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Eres Ferro Eres Ferro
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digital marketing aspects I'd like to work on.

On Fri, 26 Jul 2019 at 20:40, Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Answers inline.
>
> We know about the SEO issues of our web properties, but to fix them we
> must update the Silverstripe theme and CSS. We are planning an update in
> late 2019 or early 2020.

 Thanks for the heads up, I'll look up libreoffice.org from similarweb and
will try to give suggestions when necessary.


> When we have created the Instagram account, the intention was exactly to
>
post pictures of conferences, meetings, events, swags, and any other

> pics with a LibreOffice logo.
>
> Unfortunately, due to the restrictive GDPR European rules, and to people
> asking to remove the pictures because they did not want to be associated
> with LibreOffice, we must get a written approval from every person in
> each picture, and this makes the task extremely time consuming.
>
> So, we are trying to get organized to solve this issue, maybe getting a
> batch approval for pictures every quarter, to have a number of pictures
> which can be published during the following quarter. We will get the
> first batch of approvals at LibOCOn Almeria, to be able to start in mid
> September.

Is there someone who specialises in GDPR law who can help? For now since
pictures of conferences/meetings contain a lot of people, would the best
way be to post photos without people in it? I've taken a look at instagram
accounts for other office suites like WPS and Polaris, are those compliant
with GDPR? if it does maybe LibreOffice could start from there?

Thanks again for the welcome, for now I'll try to help with localisation
and let me know if you need anything.

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Digital marketing aspects I'd like to work on.

On 27/07/19 02:11, Eres Ferro wrote:

> Is there someone who specialises in GDPR law who can help? For now since
> pictures of conferences/meetings contain a lot of people, would the best
> way be to post photos without people in it? I've taken a look at instagram
> accounts for other office suites like WPS and Polaris, are those compliant
> with GDPR? if it does maybe LibreOffice could start from there?

The Document Foundation is based in Europe, while WPS is based in China
and Polaris is based in Korea. This represents a huge difference.

We know GDPR rules rather well as we have had to study them to become
fully compliant, while companies not based in Europe often do not follow
the rules (in fact, they should at least when they handle personal data
of European citizens, but most ignore the law).

As I said, we have to collect a formal permission from every person
portrayed in a picture, especially if the picture is associated to the
LibreOffice logo. The intention is to start to use Instagram again as
soon as possible.

--
Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/marketing/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy