Disabling social icons in the blog

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Disabling social icons in the blog

Hi,

Just posted the announcement about 6.1.1 in the hispanic blog and now only
that post has social icons that previous ones haven't. Was looking around
about howto disable them without luck.

Any clue will be appreciated

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Disabling social icons in the blog

Hi Daniel,

On 13/09/2018 22:42, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:

> Just posted the announcement about 6.1.1 in the hispanic blog and now only
> that post has social icons that previous ones haven't. Was looking around
> about howto disable them without luck.

Can you provide a link to the blog please, so I can take a look?

Thanks,
Mike

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: Disabling social icons in the blog

El vie., 14 sept. 2018 a las 3:29, Mike Saunders
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 13/09/2018 22:42, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > Just posted the announcement about 6.1.1 in the hispanic blog and now only
> > that post has social icons that previous ones haven't. Was looking around
> > about howto disable them without luck.
>
> Can you provide a link to the blog please, so I can take a look?

The blog is at https://es.blog.documentfoundation.org/

This are the buttons

https://s33.postimg.cc/xjsgbehyn/611-blog-post.png

And indeed your suggestion about disabling shariff did the trick

https://s33.postimg.cc/td7lw5idr/wp-disabling-shariff.png

So, this option is activated by default from now on?

Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5

Re: Disabling social icons in the blog

We didn't change anything since late May, when GDPR was enforced, so must
be related to a new version either of WordPress or of the plug-in.

---
Italo Vignoli - TDF
[hidden email]
mobile +39 348 5653829
sent from mobile
In data 14 settembre 2018 14:09:50 "Daniel A. Rodriguez"
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> El vie., 14 sept. 2018 a las 3:29, Mike Saunders
> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> On 13/09/2018 22:42, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
>> >
>> > Just posted the announcement about 6.1.1 in the hispanic blog and now only
>> > that post has social icons that previous ones haven't. Was looking around
>> > about howto disable them without luck.
>>
>> Can you provide a link to the blog please, so I can take a look?
>
> The blog is at https://es.blog.documentfoundation.org/
>
> This are the buttons
>
> https://s33.postimg.cc/xjsgbehyn/611-blog-post.png
>
> And indeed your suggestion about disabling shariff did the trick
>
> https://s33.postimg.cc/td7lw5idr/wp-disabling-shariff.png
>
> So, this option is activated by default from now on?

Italo Vignoli-5 Italo Vignoli-5

Re: Disabling social icons in the blog

Social icons are now disabled for the Spanish Blog

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR
email [hidden email]

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: Disabling social icons in the blog

Thanks!

IMHO that's not a good alternative for such task, Jetpack already has
sharing capacity.

On 14/09/2018 18:18, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:

> IMHO that's not a good alternative for such task, Jetpack already has
> sharing capacity.

Unfortunately, JetPack is not fully GDPR compliant, so it cannot be
deployed by European based organizations.