Display of Formatting Aids and Document Windows size

snowshed snowshed

Display of Formatting Aids and Document Windows size

OX X 10.11.6 El Capitan

LO 5.3.6.1

In the Preferences window, LibreOfficeGeneral>Formatting Aids, I have
almost every option checked, I.E  Paragraph end, Spaces, Tabs, etc.

But none of them show in the document.  What am I missing?

Is it possible to force LO to remember the last opened Window size?  I'm
getting tired of having to resize windows.  :-(

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6

libreoffice-ml.mbourne libreoffice-ml.mbourne

Re: Display of Formatting Aids and Document Windows size

Ken Springer wrote:
> OX X 10.11.6 El Capitan
>
> LO 5.3.6.1
>
> In the Preferences window, LibreOfficeGeneral>Formatting Aids, I have
> almost every option checked, I.E  Paragraph end, Spaces, Tabs, etc.
>
> But none of them show in the document.  What am I missing?

View > Formatting Marks to actually show them.

> Is it possible to force LO to remember the last opened Window size?
> I'm getting tired of having to resize windows. :-(

Sorry, I don't know about that one. For me, on Windows and Linux Mint
Mate, LibreOffice does open at the same size as it was when last closed.
I don't think I've changed any preference for that to happen. Perhaps
it's one of those things that works differently on OS X.

--
Mark.

snowshed snowshed

On 9/5/17 5:17 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Ken Springer wrote:
>> OX X 10.11.6 El Capitan
>>
>> LO 5.3.6.1
>>
>> In the Preferences window, LibreOfficeGeneral>Formatting Aids, I have
>> almost every option checked, I.E  Paragraph end, Spaces, Tabs, etc.
>>
>> But none of them show in the document.  What am I missing?
>
> View > Formatting Marks to actually show them.

Thank you, kind sir!   <G>

>> Is it possible to force LO to remember the last opened Window size?
>> I'm getting tired of having to resize windows. :-(
>
> Sorry, I don't know about that one. For me, on Windows and Linux Mint
> Mate, LibreOffice does open at the same size as it was when last closed.
> I don't think I've changed any preference for that to happen. Perhaps
> it's one of those things that works differently on OS X.

It's definitely an LO issue, as other software programs remember
previous windows sizes.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: Display of Formatting Aids and Document Windows size

Le 04/09/2017 à 23:54, Ken Springer a écrit :

Hi Ken,

> Is it possible to force LO to remember the last opened Window size?  I'm
> getting tired of having to resize windows.  :-(

This annoying behaviour is bug 75644, still open after all these years
(like many other OSX-specific bugs).

Alex

snowshed snowshed

On 9/5/17 9:02 AM, Alexander Thurgood wrote:

> Le 04/09/2017 à 23:54, Ken Springer a écrit :
>
> Hi Ken,
>>

>> Is it possible to force LO to remember the last opened Window size?  I'm
>> getting tired of having to resize windows.  :-(
>>

> This annoying behaviour is bug 75644, still open after all these years
> (like many other OSX-specific bugs).
>
> Alex

Thanks, Alex.

Not fixing old bugs is one of FOSS software's biggest detriments.  :-(

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6