+ Proposal for the future LibreOffice documentation development
Dave: My proposal for the workflow would be:
- Run conversion script on the last edition of each chapter to
be worked on.
- Apply the new template to the converted chapter.
- Updated the chapter's technical content.
- Final stage chapter cleanup & review.
* Complete the old -> new styles conversion list for Drew's script (Dave)
* Complete the 2nd. draft of the 6.x template (Dave)
* The first item is somewhat interdependent on the second one, but
both are reasonably close to completion
To circumvent: For each image inside the chapter, anchor the
image to PARAGRAPH inside the frame.
Select the image in the frame, click mouse button 2, select
Anchor, choose To Paragraph.
An extra paragraph may (or not) pop at the top of the caption
inside the frame. Just delete it."
AI: Emails developers to get more clarifications (Drew)
+ Appendix on CPU issues for Calc (threading, OpenCL)
* Help pages
+ [I]: Added some extension to the XML to make Help edition
* Python Help pages
+ Added entry pages for Python scripts documentation (olivier)
+ Need skilled volunteers to fill contents
+ Create the conversion script (Drew)
* AI: Update Contributors Guides with changes from Dave? (Drew)
* Long editing session turns LO slow and unusable (Cathy)
+ Some crashes.
+ Confirmed by 3rd party on the large amount of changes (blog
post - Cathy)
+ get feedback sooner to accept/reject changes, shrink the file
+ May use online version to get it faster/easier for review
* Contents of the Guides (Cathy)
+ Shall we review the contents of each chapter
+ some contents too basic
+ Let's survey a broader audience on what must go to inside the
+ Use TDF survey (olivier)
AI + define the right set of questions for the contents (olivier)
Next meeting WednesdayDecember5th2018, at 19:30 Berlin Time
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00