Document conversion problems

Kai Moonbourn Kai Moonbourn

Document conversion problems

I want to use a headless LibreOffice install for document conversion
(using jodconverter, unless there is a better alternative), but right
now there's a couple problems:

1. Various Chinese characters aren't being converted correctly; they
display just fine in an RTF version of the document (and I've verified
they are correctly-mapped Unicode escapes with vim) when I view them in
LibreOffice on a Windows machine, but when the conversion is done they
become placeholders. What's really odd is that the PDFs have a font
embedded into them which can represent the characters in
question--actually, I think every font used in the document can
represent those characters; how can I figure out what is going on and
how to correct it?

2. I need to disable extra space between identically spaced paragraphs
(Right-click->Paragraph->"Don't and space between paragraphs of the same
style") by default.

This is all happening in LO 3.6 on a 32-bit install of Ubuntu 12.10

nabbler nabbler

Re: Document conversion problems

On 24/10/2013, Kai Moonbourn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to use a headless LibreOffice install for document conversion
> (using jodconverter, unless there is a better alternative), but right
> now there's a couple problems:

Why use jodconverter? What is wrong with LO, e.g.:

libreoffice -calc -headless -convert-to ods /path/to/m$spreadsheet

> 2. I need to disable extra space between identically spaced paragraphs
> (Right-click->Paragraph->"Don't and space between paragraphs of the same
> style") by default.

Don't understand; which dialogue window shows the text: "don't and space"?