Documentation Team Meeting Minutes November 19th 2020 at 18:00 UTC.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Documentation Team Meeting Minutes November 19th 2020 at 18:00 UTC.

Documentation Team Meeting Minutes November 19th 2020 at 18:00 UTC.

Presents: Travis, Dan Lewis, Sam Hamilton, Olivier, Rafael Lima, Paul
Sutton, kingu

Telegram Channel
https://t.me/joinchat/ALeRuUFCxyZY0wzoddldWQ

Live TDF Jitsi Room
https://jitsi.documentfoundation.org/tdfdocteam

Completed items:
    + Calc Guide Issue (Steve)

Pending items:
    + Change in workflow (DB)
    + Objective: rewrite/improve Calc Database functions Help (SF)
       + Updat on database ranges
    + odtclean.py is not working any more on linux
    + Contributor guide
       + Needs reviews of Peter S on Chap 2.
          + Write to find a "referee".

News:
   + The Calc Guide 7.0 is There! (OH)
      + Blog post

Topics and Discussion:
    * Please fill the Authors wiki page
       + https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Team

    * Tool to collect/record errors and mistakes in Guides  (Dave)
      + Maybe a section of notes in the NextCloud "Contributor
Resources" that the    author(s) starting the next editions of the
guides can refer to.
      + I am happy to set this arrangement up and maintain it.(DB)
      + Have a file separated by guide name collecting all issues found
         + get from mail and priovate messages
         + coordinators pick the issues and fix for next release

    * LibreOffice Basic standard libraries reference documentation (Travis)
       + https://api.libreoffice.org
          + Hard to undestand
          + generated by auto tools
       +
https://help.libreoffice.org/7.1/en-US/text/sbasic/shared/03/lib_tools.html?DbPAR=BASIC
          + AI: Introduce Travis to macro group (Olivier)
          + Hard to find info on API in internet for the end-user (Rafael)
          +
https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/macro/

              > (https://www.pitonyak.org/book/ was mentioned)


    * Videos (Paul Sutton)
       + Good to have a set of videos with a curriculum (OH)
       + Do we need to have audio translated?
          + better have script for translation of captions (OH)
          + Upload script for translation in weblate (kingu)
              + may be too much for videos (olivier)
       + Mike Saunders has a lot of experience in videos.

    * LibreOffice online (Dan Lewis)
         + People asking for doc on the topic in dev list (DL)
         + Need to update the 6.3 guide (OH)

Meeting ajourned

Next meeting : *THURSDAY* December 3rd 2020 at 18:00 UTC.
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
LibreOffice – free and open source office suite: https://www.libreoffice.org
Respects your privacy, and gives you back control over your data
http://tdf.io/joinus

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/projects/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy