Documentfoundation webmster

Hossein Noorikhah Hossein Noorikhah

Documentfoundation webmster

Hi,

I tried to contact [hidden email] as before, but I got
"user not found" and my email could not be delivered.

To what email should I report the problems on the website? I know there is
a "website" mailing list, but are we supposed to send everything to mailing
lists? I think a separate webmaster is not a bad idea.

Thanks
Hossein

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Documentfoundation webmster

Hello Hossein,

Hossein Noorikhah wrote on 2013-12-27 22:25:
> I tried to [hidden email]  as before, but I got
> "user not found" and my email could not be delivered.
>
> To what email should I report the problems on the website? I know there is
> a "website" mailing list, but are we supposed to send everything to mailing
> lists? I think a separate webmaster is not a bad idea.

here's a list on how to best get in touch with the infra team:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Category:Infrastructure (first
section on the page)

Hope that helps,
Florian

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: Documentfoundation webmster

Still in my opinion we should a webmaster email address even if it is set to redirect only.
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Documentfoundation webmster

If its redirected why not redirect it to the website mailing list? That can
easily be achieved with an alias.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Jean Spiteri <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Still in my opinion we should a webmaster email address even if it is set
> redirect only.

Jonathan Aquilina

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: Documentfoundation webmster

I think it should redirect to the email address Florian is using (I think
it's hostmaster) because that's the emergency line so to speak.

Sincerely,
Jean Spiteri.

Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Documentfoundation webmster

What if Florian isnt available. With an alias you can have multiple emails
that you want to send to so in that case send to hostmaster and if florian
isnt available it gets delivered here for someone else to take a look at.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Jean Spiteri <[hidden email]

--
Jonathan Aquilina

Jean Spiteri Jean Spiteri

Re: Documentfoundation webmster

Was going to write that but forgot to. It should redirect to both.

Sincerely,
Jean Spiteri.

Jean Spiteri wrote on 2014-01-09 11:49:
> I think it should redirect to the email address Florian is using (I think
> it's hostmaster) because that's the emergency line so to speak.

so, three things - setting up the alias is fairly easy, but:

(1) Is it used/referenced to anywhere? So, is there an actual need? RFC
only asks for postmaster@ and abuse@ (which we have set up), and for all
other stuff we use hostmaster@

(2) Forwarding it to me personally is probably a bad idea, but
forwarding to the tdf-infra internal list is possible.

(3) Forwarding it to the website list I want to avoid, because people do
not expect a public mailing list as recipient when they mail to webmaster@

But it all boils down to #1 - is there a need? :-)

Florian