Docx

Qusai Al Haddad Qusai Al Haddad

Docx

Dear Support,

When liberOffice will support .docx  2010/2013 MS Office document.

Regards,

*Qusai A. Al-Haddad*
Information Security Consultant
Manama - Kingdom of Bahrain
Email: [hidden email]
Mobile: +973 33931057 , +973 39424387
LinkedIn: http://bh.linkedin.com/in/qusaialhaddad/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/qusaialhaddad

H. Stoellinger H. Stoellinger

Re: Docx

Hello,
Doesn't it do so already anyway?
Regards
Heinrich

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:32:08 +0100, Qusai Al Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Support,
>
> When liberOffice will support .docx  2010/2013 MS Office document.
>
> Regards,
>
> *Qusai A. Al-Haddad*
> Information Security Consultant
> Manama - Kingdom of Bahrain
> Email: [hidden email]
> Mobile: +973 33931057 , +973 39424387
> LinkedIn: http://bh.linkedin.com/in/qusaialhaddad/
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/qusaialhaddad

TomD TomD

Re: Docx

Hi :)
DocX is supported already.

The question really is which version of DocX do you want it to
support?  Supporting the format that they wrote up as an ISO
apparently means it wouldn't work in any version of MS Office.
Documents written using MS Office 2007 can't always be opened in MS
Office 2010 or 2013 apparently.  Also the same version on different
operating systems can be different (according to their 2010
installer).  So do you want us to support 2010 on Win7 or one of the
other ones?

MS cease support for Xp in just a couple of months and drop support
for Win7 next year.  Win8 seems to be unpopular.  Hopefully Win9
pre-releases might be better and catch on better but at the moment
there isn't a good OS of theirs that is worth spending time aligning
to.

On 29 January 2014 14:45, Heinrich Stoellinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Doesn't it do so already anyway?
> Regards
> Heinrich
>

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:32:08 +0100, Qusai Al Haddad
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Support,
>>
>> When liberOffice will support .docx  2010/2013 MS Office document.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> *Qusai A. Al-Haddad*
>> Information Security Consultant
>> Manama - Kingdom of Bahrain
>> Email: [hidden email]
>> Mobile: +973 33931057 , +973 39424387
>> LinkedIn: http://bh.linkedin.com/in/qusaialhaddad/
>> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/qusaialhaddad
>>

> --
> Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

nabbler nabbler

Re: Docx

On 29/01/2014, Qusai Al Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Support,
>
> When liberOffice will support .docx  2010/2013 MS Office document.

Please ask m$ when m$o will support 2014 odt document.

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg36224.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg35626.html

Please do at least a minor search of the mailing list archives before
you post...

TomD TomD

Re: Docx

Hi :)
Another good question to ask Microsoft is when they will start to (or
whether they ever are likely to manage to) support the DocX format as
specified in the ISO format which they pushed through.

On 30 January 2014 00:29, e-letter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 29/01/2014, Qusai Al Haddad <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Support,
>>
>> When liberOffice will support .docx  2010/2013 MS Office document.
>>

> Please ask m$ when m$o will support 2014 odt document.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg36224.html
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@.../msg35626.html
>
> Please do at least a minor search of the mailing list archives before
> you post...

mhenriday mhenriday

Re: Docx

2014-01-29 Qusai Al Haddad <[hidden email]>:

> Dear Support,
>
> When liberOffice will support .docx  2010/2013 MS Office document.
>
> Regards,
>
> *Qusai A. Al-Haddad

​Qusai, in my experience LibreOffice does support the versions of .docx in
MS Word that people actually use ; hitherto I've never received such a
document which did not open speedily and easily in LO. In the event you are
having any specific problems in opening such documents, perhaps you could
provide us with more detail, which would facilitate our helping you....

Henri​