Does LO normally appear in Windows 10 start menu?

Philip Jackson-2 Philip Jackson-2

Does LO normally appear in Windows 10 start menu?

In the course of investigating another thread, I went to make a couple of new files in LO Writer on my W10 box. I was surprised to be unable to find LibreOffice or any of its modules in the Start Menu.

I only keep W10 for use of a couple of applications that either don't work or work poorly under linux so some weeks, W10 spends more time updating than creating. It is maintained fully up to date.

Way back, I installed LibreOffice 6.3.5.2 but usually I start Writer or Calc from the File Explorer right click drop-down's "start with ...".

I do have the feeling that originally LibreOffice did appear in the start menu but perhaps my memory fails me. Or did a Windows 10 update remove the listing from the Start Menu?

Any suggestions about how to get LO and its modules to appear (reappear) in the start menu?

Philip

Robert Funnell Robert Funnell

Re: Does LO normally appear in Windows 10 start menu?

My LO does appear in the Start menu in Windows 10 and has survived
many Windows updates. I don't know offhand how to restore it to the
Start menu. I suppose you could reinstall LO.

- Robert

On 20/09/2020 10:09, Philip Jackson wrote:
> I do have the feeling that originally LibreOffice did appear in the start menu but perhaps my memory fails me. Or did a Windows 10 update remove the listing from the Start Menu?
>
> Any suggestions about how to get LO and its modules to appear (reappear) in the start menu?

It must have been a recent Windows update. I just discovered that the various Amazon apps like Kindle Previewer, Kindle Create are now missing from the Start menu. They were definitely there on Wednesday 16th Sept because I used Create to make a kindle version of an ebook on that date.

Avid Sibelius notation software no longer appears in the Start Menu and nor do Dragon Dictate and Scrivener. Looks like everything non-Microsoft has disappeared from the Start Menu. I can find and launch them through the search button so all is not lost.

Well, I was always used to weird things happening with Windows and I have read a lot over the years about problems created by Windows update but this is the first time I've had a problem.

Philip

On 20/09/2020 17:52, Philip Jackson wrote:

> On 20/09/2020 10:09, Philip Jackson wrote:
>> I do have the feeling that originally LibreOffice did appear in the start menu but perhaps my memory fails me. Or did a Windows 10 update remove the listing from the Start Menu?
>>
>> Any suggestions about how to get LO and its modules to appear (reappear) in the start menu?
>
> It must have been a recent Windows update. I just discovered that the various Amazon apps like Kindle Previewer, Kindle Create are now missing from the Start menu. They were definitely there on Wednesday 16th Sept because I used Create to make a kindle version of an ebook on that date.
>
> Avid Sibelius notation software no longer appears in the Start Menu and nor do Dragon Dictate and Scrivener. Looks like everything non-Microsoft has disappeared from the Start Menu. I can find and launch them through the search button so all is not lost.
>
> Well, I was always used to weird things happening with Windows and I have read a lot over the years about problems created by Windows update but this is the first time I've had a problem.

A small footnote : I have 2 accounts on W10, my user account and my admin account. The admin account still has a complete Start Menu. Only the user account has lost all the non-Microsoft stuff.

Philip

Ian Bertram Ian Bertram

Re: Does LO normally appear in Windows 10 start menu?

Right click on the icon on the desk top and select Pin to Start or Pin to
Taskbar, whichever suits you best.