Does something like this exist for LO?

bunk3m bunk3m

Does something like this exist for LO?

I have been wondering how to export my Google Map Timeline so I can
capture my mileage driven without having to get the kml file for each
individual day.

Today I found this add-in for Excel (Don't have Excel anymore :-( ) that
runs a VBA script to do exactly what I'm looking for.

https://github.com/Excel-projects/Excel-Timesheet

Is there a way to run this in LO Calc?

PS On digest mode. Please cc me directly on any replies.  Thank you in
advance.

Luuk Luuk

Re: Does something like this exist for LO?

On 2-2-2019 21:53, bunk3m wrote:

> I have been wondering how to export my Google Map Timeline so I can
> capture my mileage driven without having to get the kml file for each
> individual day.
>
> Today I found this add-in for Excel (Don't have Excel anymore :-( )
> that runs a VBA script to do exactly what I'm looking for.
>
> https://github.com/Excel-projects/Excel-Timesheet
>
> Is there a way to run this in LO Calc?
>
> PS On digest mode. Please cc me directly on any replies.  Thank you in
> advance.

This is a project which is 3 years old:
https://github.com/nerik/google-timeline-to-csv

it should be easy to import a csv in LibreOffice if above code shuold work.

Windows7 / LibreOffice  3.3 330m19(Build:6)
Luuk Luuk

On 2-2-2019 21:53, bunk3m wrote:

> I have been wondering how to export my Google Map Timeline so I can
> capture my mileage driven without having to get the kml file for each
> individual day.
>
> Today I found this add-in for Excel (Don't have Excel anymore :-( )
> that runs a VBA script to do exactly what I'm looking for.
>
> https://github.com/Excel-projects/Excel-Timesheet
>
> Is there a way to run this in LO Calc?
>
> PS On digest mode. Please cc me directly on any replies.  Thank you in
> advance.

I did forget to mention that this tool:
https://github.com/nerik/google-timeline-to-csv

works with the: "Location History.json"

from: https://takeout.google.com/

Windows7 / LibreOffice  3.3 330m19(Build:6)
bunk3m bunk3m

On 04.02.2019 06:30, Luuk wrote:

> On 2-2-2019 21:53, bunk3m wrote:
>> I have been wondering how to export my Google Map Timeline so I can
>> capture my mileage driven without having to get the kml file for each
>> individual day.
>>
>> Today I found this add-in for Excel (Don't have Excel anymore :-( )
>> that runs a VBA script to do exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
>> https://github.com/Excel-projects/Excel-Timesheet
>>
>> Is there a way to run this in LO Calc?
>>
>> PS On digest mode. Please cc me directly on any replies.  Thank you in
>> advance.
>>

> I did forget to mention that this tool:
> https://github.com/nerik/google-timeline-to-csv
>
> works with the: "Location History.json"
>
> from: https://takeout.google.com/

Thank you Luuk.  After all my Googling, I never found this project.

I will see if I can figure out how to get this google-timeline-to-cvs to
work.  I don't code so this will be a challenge.  I have no idea how to
install dependencies after doing a download of this project.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks again.
B.

Luuk Luuk

On 5-2-2019 02:55, bunk3m wrote:

> On 04.02.2019 06:30, Luuk wrote:
>>
>> On 2-2-2019 21:53, bunk3m wrote:
>>> I have been wondering how to export my Google Map Timeline so I can
>>> capture my mileage driven without having to get the kml file for
>>> each individual day.
>>>
>>> Today I found this add-in for Excel (Don't have Excel anymore :-( )
>>> that runs a VBA script to do exactly what I'm looking for.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/Excel-projects/Excel-Timesheet
>>>
>>> Is there a way to run this in LO Calc?
>>>
>>> PS On digest mode. Please cc me directly on any replies. Thank you
>>> in advance.
>>>

>> I did forget to mention that this tool:
>> https://github.com/nerik/google-timeline-to-csv
>>
>> works with the: "Location History.json"
>>
>> from: https://takeout.google.com/
>>

> Thank you Luuk.  After all my Googling, I never found this project.
>
> I will see if I can figure out how to get this google-timeline-to-cvs
> to work.  I don't code so this will be a challenge.  I have no idea
> how to install dependencies after doing a download of this project.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks again.
> B.

Install nodejs (see https://nodejs.org/en/)

Download, and install 'google-timeline-to-csv' in a directory.

Now when you do this:

'node index.js'

You might get an error about missing library's.

To install those missing library's type:

'npm install fs path xmldoc json2csv moment'

(npm should be installed together with nodejs)

Windows7 / LibreOffice  3.3 330m19(Build:6)
bunk3m bunk3m

On 05.02.2019 14:05, Luuk wrote:

> On 5-2-2019 02:55, bunk3m wrote:

>>> I did forget to mention that this tool:
>>> https://github.com/nerik/google-timeline-to-csv
>>>
>>> works with the: "Location History.json"
>>>
>>> from: https://takeout.google.com/
>>>

>> Thank you Luuk.  After all my Googling, I never found this project.
>>
>> I will see if I can figure out how to get this google-timeline-to-cvs
>> to work.  I don't code so this will be a challenge.  I have no idea
>> how to install dependencies after doing a download of this project.
>>
>> Any suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>> B.
>>
> Install nodejs (see https://nodejs.org/en/)
>
> Download, and install 'google-timeline-to-csv' in a directory.
>
> Now when you do this:
>
> 'node index.js'
>
> You might get an error about missing library's.
>
> To install those missing library's type:
>
> 'npm install fs path xmldoc json2csv moment'
>
> (npm should be installed together with nodejs)

======

Thanks so far Luuk.

I have installed nodejs10 and npm6 using Macports as I didn't know any
other way to get that installed.

It is throwing errors on processing the 'Location History.json' file.

'node index.js ../Takeout/Location\ History/ > ../Takeout/location.csv'

In the location.csv file I find this:

> Error: params should include "fields" and/or non-empty "data" array of objects
>     at checkParams (/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/node_modules/json2csv/lib/json2csv.js:95:11)
>     at module.exports (/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/node_modules/json2csv/lib/json2csv.js:48:5)
>     at pointsToCsv (/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/index.js:134:3)
>     at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/bunk3m/Downloads/google-timeline-to-csv-master/index.js:39:1)
>     at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:30)
>     at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
>     at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
>     at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
>     at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
>     at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:742:12)

I'm stuck as I don't understand what the error would refer to. But this
is interesting!

Should I be referring to the github project?

Could you give me an idea how to search for such an error?

Thanks.