Doubts related to GSoC and LibreOffice

Piyush Palawat Piyush Palawat

Doubts related to GSoC and LibreOffice

Hello there,

I am a beginner to the open source world. And, I would like to contribute to LibreOffice in the smallest way possible. My doubt is that can I use Windows 10 to contribute to open source, especially LibreOffice and still get through GSoC '19?

Thank You.

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Doubts related to GSoC and LibreOffice

Hi Piyush,

you are very welcome to LibreOffice whether you are an experienced developer and capable of coding or by contributing on other areas.

Google Summer of Code is exclusively for developers, unfortunately. So you have to accomplish the work mostly on your (mentoring granted of course). We require from students to show their skills [1] with so called easy hacks [2], tickets on our bugtracker that can be done without expertise. Please take a look on the list and see if you can do the work. We have plenty of getting-started pages that could help you [3,4].

As said above there is enough room to contribute to LibreOffice with less coding skills, just in case you fail [5].

Cheers,
Heiko (UX mentor)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks
[3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved
[4] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows
[5] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design

On 21.02.2018 13:14, Piyush Palawat wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am a beginner to the open source world. And, I would like to contribute to LibreOffice in the smallest way possible. My doubt is that can I use Windows 10 to contribute to open source, especially LibreOffice and still get through GSoC '19?
>
> Thank You.

Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509