Download LibO_3.4.4_Win_x86_all_lang.exe?

Spencer Graves-2 Spencer Graves-2

Download LibO_3.4.4_Win_x86_all_lang.exe?

       1.  LibreOffice Downloading Instructions mention an "all_lang"
installer (www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions
<http://www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions/>).  Is this an option
that is not available with LibreOffice_3.4.4 for Windows (esp. Windows
7)?  If it is available, how can I find it?  (I remember previously
having problems with multiple languages in LIbreOffice.)

       2.  Where can I find instructions on how to install multiple
languages?  (When I installed 3.4.3, I spent a couple of days figuring
all that out.  Unfortunately, I can't find them now.)

       Thanks,
       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer

Tom Tom

Re: Download LibO_3.4.4_Win_x86_all_lang.exe?

Hi :)
Hmm, i thought the standard installer for Windows was all Languages?  During the installer process one screen offers you a "custom" install and that then languages are at the very bottom of the list.  I'm not completely certain of this tho.  I have got somewhat confused about which OS various machines were running especially since most of them are now dual-boots and so i installed LibreOffice more than once per machine.

Manfred J. Krause Manfred J. Krause

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:

>      1.  LibreOffice Downloading Instructions mention an "all_lang"
> installer (www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions
> <http://www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions/>).  Is this an option
> that is not available with LibreOffice_3.4.4 for Windows (esp. Windows 7)?
>  If it is available, how can I find it?  (I remember previously having
> problems with multiple languages in LIbreOffice.)

Release Notes
LibreOffice 3.4.4 Final (2011-11-09)
"The distribution for Windows is an international build, so you can
choose the user interface language that you prefer."
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/#LO344

>      2.  Where can I find instructions on how to install multiple languages?
>  (When I installed 3.4.3, I spent a couple of days figuring all that out.
>  Unfortunately, I can't find them now.)

Installation of LibreOffice 3.3 on Windows
(valid for LibO 3.4, too)
"If you choose a custom installation, you will see a dialog box that
lets you choose what LibreOffice components to install. Open the
dropdown boxes and make your choices.
At this point, you can choose the language packs you want to be
installed. English and the language of your operating system are
selected by default. Also, all dictionaries are selected by default.
You may want to select only those which you actually need. You can
also deselect unwanted extensions. Make your selections, and press
“Next”."
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/windows/

mjk

--
Silent installation - following up
by Leif Lodahl 2011-11-17

Jay Lozier Jay Lozier

On 11/29/2011 04:21 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:

>       1.  LibreOffice Downloading Instructions mention an "all_lang"
> installer (www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions
> <http://www.libreoffice.org/download/instructions/>).  Is this an
> option that is not available with LibreOffice_3.4.4 for Windows (esp.
> Windows 7)?  If it is available, how can I find it?  (I remember
> previously having problems with multiple languages in LIbreOffice.)

I believe you want LibO_3.4.4_Win_x86_install_multi.exe for all languages.

>       2.  Where can I find instructions on how to install multiple
> languages?  (When I installed 3.4.3, I spent a couple of days figuring
> all that out.  Unfortunately, I can't find them now.)

Sorry, I am not sure myself, try searching the list archives.

--
Jay Lozier