Download counter

marcpare4 marcpare4

Download counter

  Is there anyway that we could convince the webmasters to the
DocumentFoundation LibO site to put a "Downloads" counter on the
download page or somewhere on the website? This will generate interest
and buzz for the brand.

Marc

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Download counter

Hi Marc!

Am Donnerstag, den 07.10.2010, 13:24 -0400 schrieb Marc Paré:
> Is there anyway that we could convince the webmasters to the
> DocumentFoundation LibO site to put a "Downloads" counter [...]

I'm sure they are convinced already :-) But as always, there are some
core admin things that seem more important. For example, getting a wiki,
so that we can share further information. But I agree that a download
counter would be a great thing. Until then, we might use some "status"
reports like the one published yesterday ...

http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/tdf_numbers.pdf

Cheers,
Christoph

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: Download counter

  Le 2010-10-07 13:28, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> Hi Marc!
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 07.10.2010, 13:24 -0400 schrieb Marc Paré:
>> Is there anyway that we could convince the webmasters to the
>> DocumentFoundation LibO site to put a "Downloads" counter [...]
> I'm sure they are convinced already :-) But as always, there are some
> core admin things that seem more important. For example, getting a wiki,
> so that we can share further information. But I agree that a download
> counter would be a great thing. Until then, we might use some "status"
> reports like the one published yesterday ...
>
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/tdf_numbers.pdf
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

Thanks for pointing this out. It is nice to quote the numbers of
downloads once in a while to boost people's morale.

Cheers
Marc