Download link goes to donate page which is not localizable

suokunlong suokunlong

Download link goes to donate page which is not localizable

Hi,

For the new design native language websites, if you click the download
link it goes to the donate page like this:
http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/rpm-x86/4.1.6/zh-CN/LibreOffice_4.1.6_Linux_x86_rpm.tar.gz

However, that page is not localizable, we do not find the strings on
pootle nor the page on silverstripe. This may confuse the person who is
downloading but do not know english (for example, he/she may not know
what the next steps are, where to download the lang pack; he may not
even know there are help packs.)

We should either:

  * Make that link a direct link to the file to be downloaded; or
  * Make the donate page translatable (in fact, there is already a
    translatable donate page here: http://zh-cn.libreoffice.org/donate/
    but it's not used for download link.

Thanks!

Kevin Suo

suokunlong suokunlong

Re: Download link goes to donate page which is not localizable

And there may be a "workaround": make the link "<a href=...
*target=_blank*>" so the previous page do not close.

于 2014年07月08日 23:09, Kevin Suo 写道:

> Hi,
>
> For the new design native language websites, if you click the download
> link it goes to the donate page like this:
> http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/rpm-x86/4.1.6/zh-CN/LibreOffice_4.1.6_Linux_x86_rpm.tar.gz
>
> However, that page is not localizable, we do not find the strings on
> pootle nor the page on silverstripe. This may confuse the person who
> is downloading but do not know english (for example, he/she may not
> know what the next steps are, where to download the lang pack; he may
> not even know there are help packs.)
>
> We should either:
>
>   * Make that link a direct link to the file to be downloaded; or
>   * Make the donate page translatable (in fact, there is already a
>     translatable donate page here:
>     http://zh-cn.libreoffice.org/donate/ but it's not used for
>     download link.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kevin Suo

Elanjelian Venugopal Elanjelian Venugopal

Re: Download link goes to donate page which is not localizable

Unfortunately, the donate pages in the localised pages appear not to work.
Try donating money through paypal at your site - and it'll go to a blank
screen, and stop.

So, I think once the webmaster comes around to sort out donation issue at
the localised sites, the link could be pointed to them. But, I agree ... it
doesn't give a smooth user experience. -e.

On 8 July 2014 23:16, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> And there may be a "workaround": make the link "<a href=...
> *target=_blank*>" so the previous page do not close.
>
> 于 2014年07月08日 23:09, Kevin Suo 写道:
> > Hi,
> >
> > For the new design native language websites, if you click the download
> > link it goes to the donate page like this:
> >
> http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/rpm-x86/4.1.6/zh-CN/LibreOffice_4.1.6_Linux_x86_rpm.tar.gz
> >
> > However, that page is not localizable, we do not find the strings on
> > pootle nor the page on silverstripe. This may confuse the person who
> > is downloading but do not know english (for example, he/she may not
> > know what the next steps are, where to download the lang pack; he may
> > not even know there are help packs.)
> >
> > We should either:
> >
> >   * Make that link a direct link to the file to be downloaded; or
> >   * Make the donate page translatable (in fact, there is already a
> >     translatable donate page here:
> >     http://zh-cn.libreoffice.org/donate/ but it's not used for
> >     download link.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Kevin Suo

Re: Download link goes to donate page which is not localizable

Hi Kevin, *,

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:>
> For the new design native language websites, if you click the download
> link it goes to the donate page like this:
> http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/rpm-x86/4.1.6/zh-CN/LibreOffice_4.1.6_Linux_x86_rpm.tar.gz
>
> However, that page is not localizable, we do not find the strings on
> pootle nor the page on silverstripe.

The donate page is translated using silverstripe's translate feature,
i.e. it has different copies for different languages and is maintained
on the old instance - if you see at the top of the page, there are the
links to the different languages - so far there's no zh-CN version,
only zh-TW.

Some of the from-text (the actual donation form) is in pootle, but the
surrounding text is entered into the backend.

I added you to the donate-page translators, so you can go to
https://donate.libreoffice.org/admin and login and create a
corresponding translation for zh-CN (open the (english) page, go to
the Translations tab and create a new translation for zh-CN

>   * Make that link a direct link to the file to be downloaded; or
>   * Make the donate page translatable (in fact, there is already a
>     translatable donate page here: http://zh-cn.libreoffice.org/donate/
>     but it's not used for download link.

Switching to the individual site's donation pages is possible in
future, but for the moment, it's easier to have all sites use the main
one..

ciao
Christian

Re: Download link goes to donate page which is not localizable

Hi Elanjelian, *,

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Elanjelian Venugopal
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the donate pages in the localised pages appear not to work.
> Try donating money through paypal at your site - and it'll go to a blank
> screen, and stop.

Oh, that's clearly a bug - need to debug why that doesn't work now -
Paypal should work..

ciao
Christian

Re: zh-cn site broken, help!

Hi *,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Christian, please help:
>
> 1. When loading zh-cn.libreoffice.org the page freezes at
> fonts.googleapi.com

discussed on IRC, but was because of the font-issue (see other mail on
this topic), disabled the link for the chinese site, as there the font
isn't used anyway.

> 2. Download page requires login

This was because he was switched to view the drafts on the site, i.e.
local problem, not overall one ?stage=Stage vs ?stage=Live

> [...]
> It redirects me to:
> https://donate.libreoffice.org/Security/login?BackURL=%2Fhome%2Fdl%2Fdeb-x86%2F4.2.5%2Fzh-CN%2FLibreOffice_4.2.5_Linux_x86_deb.tar.gz
> and says:

> You must log in with your CMS password in order to view the draft or
> archived content. Click here to go back to the published site.

→ clicking the "go back to the published" site would get you to the
public version (i.e. the published site) that doesn't require login =
?stage=Live

> Did I do something wrong?
>
> Also, when I login with my silverstripe account, I can download, but the
> donation page is by default in english, not simplified chinese.

I forgot to teach the newdesign site that there is a translation
available, as they are two different installations, they don't know by
themselves.

ciao
Christian