Downloading templates from Open Office's website

Next » 12
snowshed snowshed

Downloading templates from Open Office's website

Is there any other place on the web where those templates can be downloaded?

I'm tired of trying fr 15 minutes or more to get some templates to
download, and spending 15 minutes getting Connection reset messages.
ARRRGGGHHHHH!

Maybe LO should consider having copies on their website, if that's legal.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 5.0
Thunderbird 5.0
LibreOffice 3.3.3

soumalya ray soumalya ray

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office's website

and here i thought,its due to to my slow connection,lol.
i will be also interested to know
regards

On 20 August 2011 07:20, Ken Springer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any other place on the web where those templates can be
> downloaded?
>
> I'm tired of trying fr 15 minutes or more to get some templates to
> download, and spending 15 minutes getting Connection reset messages.
> ARRRGGGHHHHH!
>
> Maybe LO should consider having copies on their website, if that's legal.
>
> --
> Ken
>
> Mac OS X 10.6.8
> Firefox 5.0
> Thunderbird 5.0
> LibreOffice 3.3.3

Dr soumalya ray <http://drsoumalya.blogspot.com>  <[hidden email]>
MBBS,MD(PGT)C.Medicine,Ex-HousePhysician(Medicine)
Skype: som3776 | Twitter: @docbkp <http://twitter.com/docbkp>

eskroni eskroni

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office's website

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:23:39 +0530
soumalya ray <[hidden email]> wrote:

> and here i thought,its due to to my slow connection,lol.
> i will be also interested to know
> regards

yes, there will be our own repository.
Right now, we're testing the infrastructure and are reviewing the
extensions (only extensions under a free open source license will be
accepted, nothing proprietary).

This is a slow process, so it will take some more time - but it will
get better in the end.

Sigrid

snowshed snowshed

On 8/20/11 3:08 AM, Sigrid Carrera wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:23:39 +0530
> soumalya ray<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> and here i thought,its due to to my slow connection,lol.
>> i will be also interested to know
>> regards
>
> yes, there will be our own repository.
> Right now, we're testing the infrastructure and are reviewing the
> extensions (only extensions under a free open source license will be
> accepted, nothing proprietary).
>
> This is a slow process, so it will take some more time - but it will
> get better in the end.

I'm glad to hear something will be coming.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 5.0
Thunderbird 5.0
LibreOffice 3.3.3

snowshed snowshed

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office's website

After a lot of plain dumb luck, I was able to finally get the extensions
I wanted.

All 2of them!   LOL

Other than LO and OOo, are there any other places on the web that anyone
knows of that have a collection of templates?

Specifically, templates for Calc, in either xls or ots.  I'd try an xlsx
file, but won't expect it to work.

I'm looking for a spreadsheet to do analysis for a business startup idea
some friends and I have.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 5.0
Thunderbird 5.0
LibreOffice 3.3.3

JOE CONNER JOE CONNER

On 8/20/2011 3:17 AM, Ken Springer wrote:

> After a lot of plain dumb luck, I was able to finally get the
> extensions I wanted.
>
> All 2of them!   LOL
>
> Other than LO and OOo, are there any other places on the web that
> anyone knows of that have a collection of templates?
>
> Specifically, templates for Calc, in either xls or ots.  I'd try an
> xlsx file, but won't expect it to work.
>
> I'm looking for a spreadsheet to do analysis for a business startup
> idea some friends and I have.

*One template source possibility?*
<<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
*Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
*And a template tutorial at:*
<<http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1012022/open_office_thesis_template_tutorial/>>

Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

NoOp NoOp

On 08/20/2011 09:57 AM, JOE Conner wrote:

> On 8/20/2011 3:17 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> After a lot of plain dumb luck, I was able to finally get the
>> extensions I wanted.
>>
>> All 2of them!   LOL
>>
>> Other than LO and OOo, are there any other places on the web that
>> anyone knows of that have a collection of templates?
>>
>> Specifically, templates for Calc, in either xls or ots.  I'd try an
>> xlsx file, but won't expect it to work.
>>
>> I'm looking for a spreadsheet to do analysis for a business startup
>> idea some friends and I have.
>>

> *One template source possibility?*
> <<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
> *Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
I take it you've not tried that last one lately.

JOE CONNER JOE CONNER

On 8/20/2011 12:27 PM, NoOp wrote:

> On 08/20/2011 09:57 AM, JOE Conner wrote:
>> On 8/20/2011 3:17 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>>> After a lot of plain dumb luck, I was able to finally get the
>>> extensions I wanted.
>>>
>>> All 2of them!   LOL
>>>
>>> Other than LO and OOo, are there any other places on the web that
>>> anyone knows of that have a collection of templates?
>>>
>>> Specifically, templates for Calc, in either xls or ots.  I'd try an
>>> xlsx file, but won't expect it to work.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a spreadsheet to do analysis for a business startup
>>> idea some friends and I have.
>>>

>> *One template source possibility?*
>> <<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
>> *Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
> I take it you've not tried that last one lately.

Sorry, all I can say is that it works for me.  I just went there, See below:
Home <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en>
Other languages:

  * Extensions <http://extensions.services.openoffice.org>
  * Get OpenOffice.org <http://download.openoffice.org>
  * Log in <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/user/login>

    Templates

  * Categories
    <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/templates/categories>
  * Applications
    <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/templates/applications>
  * Highest Rated <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/highestrated>
  * Most Popular <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/most_popular>
  * Most Recent <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/mostrecent>

    Upload your Template

How does it work?
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/template/guide> Upload
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/template/upload?destination=template/upload>

    Tags

Book <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/170>
business <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/36>
correspondence
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/31>
Presentation
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/123>
presentation background
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/41> printable
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/1125>
RedOffice.com
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/889>
RedOffice Templates
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/891> simple
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/605> Template
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/122> vertex42
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/485> white
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/taxonomy/term/167>
more tags <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/tagadelic/chunk/2>

Business <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/templates/business>
Education <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/templates/education>
Private <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/templates/private>

6911_thumbnail.png <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6911>

The latest Template <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6911>

This Template Repository is a place for the submission of new templates
made by you, the community!

You created a nice template? Submit it, get feedback and help others to
be more productive!

Highest Rated <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/highestrated>

Check Book Register <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6911>
Project Management Templ...
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/5927>
Business Valuation Templ...
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/5831>
Fresh Graduate Resume Te...
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/5681>
Invoice Template with Pr...
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/5801>

More... <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/highestrated>

Most Popular <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/mostpopular>

Basic Resume <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/1312>
2012 Monthly Calendar
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6887>
Basic Resume Template
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6419>
This Is a Resume <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6575>
Simple Resume <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6407>

More... <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/mostpopular>

Most Recent <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/mostrecent>

Check Book Register <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6911>
2012 Monthly Calendar
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6887>
Weekly Budget Spreadshee...
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/3061>
Business Card Avery 8371
<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6785>
Baptism Invitation <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6725>

More... <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/mostrecent>

Oracle Logo <http://www.sun.com/software/star/openoffice/index.html>

Contact Us <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/websitecontact>

By any use of this Website, you agree to be bound by these Policies and
Terms of Use <http://www.sunsource.net/TUPPCP.html>
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

OSU Open Source Lab <http://www.osuosl.org/>

*Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA*

NoOp NoOp

On 08/20/2011 02:39 PM, JOE Conner wrote:

> On 8/20/2011 12:27 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>> *One template source possibility?*
>>> <<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
>>> *Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
>> I take it you've not tried that last one lately.
>>

> Sorry, all I can say is that it works for me.  I just went there, See below:
> Home <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en>
> Other languages:
Interesting. I get:

The document contains no data.

snowshed snowshed

On 8/20/11 1:27 PM, NoOp wrote:

> On 08/20/2011 09:57 AM, JOE Conner wrote:
>> On 8/20/2011 3:17 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>>> After a lot of plain dumb luck, I was able to finally get the
>>> extensions I wanted.
>>>
>>> All 2of them!   LOL
>>>
>>> Other than LO and OOo, are there any other places on the web that
>>> anyone knows of that have a collection of templates?
>>>
>>> Specifically, templates for Calc, in either xls or ots.  I'd try an
>>> xlsx file, but won't expect it to work.
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a spreadsheet to do analysis for a business startup
>>> idea some friends and I have.
>>>

>> *One template source possibility?*
>> <<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
>> *Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
> I take it you've not tried that last one lately.

It works fine for me too.

But, anything that has openoffice in the URL simply fails bigtime.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 5.0
Thunderbird 5.0
LibreOffice 3.3.3

NoOp NoOp

On 08/20/2011 03:04 PM, NoOp wrote:

> On 08/20/2011 02:39 PM, JOE Conner wrote:

>>> I take it you've not tried that last one lately.
>>>

>> Sorry, all I can say is that it works for me.  I just went there, See below:
>> Home <http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en>
>> Other languages:
> Interesting. I get:
>
> The document contains no data.

That was in SeaMonkey. In these I get:

Firefox 6.0:
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

Chromium 13.0.782.107:
This webpage is not available
The connection to templates.services.openoffice.org was interrupted.

Opera 11.50:
Connection closed by remote server
Check that the address is spelled correctly, or try searching for the site.

Epiphany 2.30.2:
I do get it to come up, but with no background (appears that no style is
in use). But if I click on any of the links I get:

Unable to load page

Problem occurred while loading the URL
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/6911
Connection terminated unexpectedly

$ host templates.services.openoffice.org
templates.services.openoffice.org is an alias for oooapps.osuosl.org.
oooapps.osuosl.org has address 140.211.166.72

Tom Tom

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office's website

I got the "This document contains no data".  It looks a little  bit like a 404
error. I clicked the "Try again" button a few times and one of those times it
suddenly worked.

I think the problem is intermittent and at the OOo end rather than being
something you can do anything about (except keep refreshing the page until it
works).

________________________________

NoOp NoOp

On 08/20/2011 03:34 PM, Tom Davies wrote:

> Hi :)
> I got the "This document contains no data".  It looks a little  bit like a 404
> error. I clicked the "Try again" button a few times and one of those times it
> suddenly worked.
>
> I think the problem is intermittent and at the OOo end rather than being
> something you can do anything about (except keep refreshing the page until it
> works).
> Regards from
> Tom :)

And you cc'ed me on this post because?

Tom Tom

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office's website

Hi :)
I saved the page source as html and attached it.  I wasn't able to CC it to Ken
as i couldn't find his address at that point.

________________________________
On 08/20/2011 03:34 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> I got the "This document contains no data".  It looks a little  bit like a 404

> error. I clicked the "Try again" button a few times and one of those times it
> suddenly worked.
>
> I think the problem is intermittent and at the OOo end rather than being
> something you can do anything about (except keep refreshing the page until it
> works).
> Regards from
> Tom :)

And you cc'ed me on this post because?

Donnie Donnie

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office'swebsite

I don't know how I keep getting all these Emails. All I want to know is how
to set up libreoffice mostly writer to be able to use the Insert key to
paste copyed text in my document.

snowshed snowshed

On 8/20/11 5:11 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> I saved the page source as html and attached it.  I wasn't able to CC it to Ken
> as i couldn't find his address at that point.

Thanks for trying, Tom, but I got the two templates I wanted.

It's like all the OOo stuff is on the poorest equipment at the OOo site.
   :-)

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 5.0
Thunderbird 5.0
LibreOffice 3.3.3

krackedpress krackedpress

On 08/20/2011 06:10 PM, Ken Springer wrote:

> On 8/20/11 1:27 PM, NoOp wrote:

>>> *One template source possibility?*
>>> <<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
>>>
>>> *Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
>> I take it you've not tried that last one lately.
>
> It works fine for me too.
>
> But, anything that has openoffice in the URL simply fails bigtime.

Try here.
http://libreoffice-na.us/English/templates.html

If you need others, I have a large amount offline. About 1.8 GB worth of
template and sample files.  A great deal of them came from the OOo
template site links.

I also have more than half, I believe, of the extensions that was on
OOo's extension pages, offline as well.

soumalya ray soumalya ray

Re: Downloading templates from Open Office's website

thanks @kracked

Andy Brown Andy Brown

Ken Springer wrote:

> On 8/20/11 5:11 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
>> Hi :)
>> I saved the page source as html and attached it. I wasn't able to CC
>> it to Ken
>> as i couldn't find his address at that point.
>
> Thanks for trying, Tom, but I got the two templates I wanted.
>
> It's like all the OOo stuff is on the poorest equipment at the OOo site.
> :-)

Three things.

1) The template and extension web space is not on OOo equipment, it is
on Ohio State University Open Source Lab servers.  The server is on an
under powered machine running Drupal CMS.  Oracle pulled their people
that were working on it when the move to Apache was made.

2) There are people now working to get the web space stabilized so that
it is useful once again.  If anyone has Drupal experience and willing to
help you would be most welcome.

3) A long term solution is being discussed on the ooo-dev mailing list
as well as the stabilization of the current site for the near term.

Andy

snowshed snowshed

On 8/20/11 10:57 AM, JOE Conner wrote:

> On 8/20/2011 3:17 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> After a lot of plain dumb luck, I was able to finally get the
>> extensions I wanted.
>>
>> All 2of them! LOL
>>
>> Other than LO and OOo, are there any other places on the web that
>> anyone knows of that have a collection of templates?
>>
>> Specifically, templates for Calc, in either xls or ots. I'd try an
>> xlsx file, but won't expect it to work.
>>
>> I'm looking for a spreadsheet to do analysis for a business startup
>> idea some friends and I have.
>>

> *One template source possibility?*
> <<http://www.smalldataproblem.org/ooextras/index.php?page=downloads&cat=calc>>
>
> *Another: *<<http://templates.services.openoffice.org/>>
> *And a template tutorial at:*
> <<http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1012022/open_office_thesis_template_tutorial/>>
>

> Joe Conner, Poulsbo, WA USA

Hi, Joe,

Just a very late reply to say thanks for the smalldataproblem link.
It's bookmarked.

Been busy, and it simply slipped what's left of my mind to say thank you.

--
Ken

Mac OS X 10.6.8
Firefox 6.0.2