Drafting "Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)"

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Drafting "Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)"

Hello,

one of the approved [1] tenders is the

Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)

I would like to especially thank Regina Henschel for her amazing
volunteer work on both this and the previous ODF 1.3 tender - it's a
true pleasure to work with you! :)

The board would like to work together in public with all of you on this
tender before it gets officially published. The current draft is
therefore shared at

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/59Nd4Tdn4Emkcaz

The shared folder consists of two files:

* ODF 1.3 delta Tender.odt
This is the very first draft of the tender, currently less or more our
tender template that we will fill with content.

* ODF 1.3 delta Items.ods
This spreadsheet created by Regina (thanks so much!) lists all the tasks
and items for this tender. The column "Complexity/Comments (notes taken
on the phone)" is the notes I took while being on the phone with Regina
- let me know any glitches or inaccuracies of mine you find.

The board is happy to get your feedback and proposals. We'd like to
discuss this in the board call after the next, i.e. on Friday, July 31,
at 1300 Berlin time. Please send your feedback to the public
[hidden email] mailing list.

Those with a conflict of interest (i.e. potential bidders) will be
excluded from the point on the tender is published and evaluated.

Looking forward to your feedback, and thanks again to Regina!
Florian

[1]
https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/msg04477.html

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Drafting "Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)"

Hello,

I've added the details from the spreadsheet to the tender draft at

Florian Effenberger wrote:

> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/59Nd4Tdn4Emkcaz

[..]

> * ODF 1.3 delta Tender.odt

Please let me know any questions or proposals you have, I will then
incorporate it into the document. The goal is to have the document ready
by next week, for a publication thereafter:

> The board is happy to get your feedback and proposals. We'd like to
> discuss this in the board call after the next, i.e. on Friday, July 31,
> at 1300 Berlin time. Please send your feedback to the public
> [hidden email] mailing list.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: Drafting "Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)"

Hi Florian

Florian Effenberger schrieb am 29-Jul-20 um 18:22:

> Hello,
>
> I've added the details from the spreadsheet to the tender draft at
>
> Florian Effenberger wrote:
>
>> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/59Nd4Tdn4Emkcaz
>
> [..]
>
>> * ODF 1.3 delta Tender.odt
>
> Please let me know any questions or proposals you have, I will then
> incorporate it into the document. The goal is to have the document ready
> by next week, for a publication thereafter:

item: Wrong icon of master document template in Windows Explorer

It might be, that it is not only the icon, but the system integration
might be wrong too. I have added a comment about it to the bug
description. It would be good if someone with Windows could test it and
add a comment to the bug:
Create a new master document.
Save it as master document template.
Save is as master document.
Look what options (New or Open of both) you get from the context menu of
the file, and what happens, when you use the option.

Kind regards
Regina

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Drafting "Tender to finish transition of LibreOffice to ODF 1.3 (ODF 1.3 delta)"

Hi Regina,

Regina Henschel wrote:

> item: Wrong icon of master document template in Windows Explorer
>
> It might be, that it is not only the icon, but the system integration
> might be wrong too. I have added a comment about it to the bug
> description. It would be good if someone with Windows could test it and
> add a comment to the bug:

thanks a lot for the heads-up!
I've removed the comment about "design only" in the tender draft, but
kept the bug ID reference, so potential bidders can see the issue.

Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: [hidden email]