Drawing electrical symbols (images on dropbox)

Martin Marmsoler Martin Marmsoler

Drawing electrical symbols (images on dropbox)

Hello,

I'm trying to draw a schematic with electrical symbols. First I draw the
symbol and then I placed the glue points and then I created a group of the
hole symbol. I created a new theme in the gallery and moved the symbol in
this (pic1, 1.). But when I try to use the symbol and drag them out of the
gallery the glue points don't exist anymore (pic1, 2.). I can make just a
connection to the points of the border (Is there a possibility to delete
this points?). Is there a possibility to save the glue points too?
I took some symbols like the inductor out of the "freie-schaltzeichen"
library and there the preview of the symbols looks much better(pic2, left)
then my one (pic2,right) when I drag my symbols into a new library. How can
I get the same quality of symbol previews?
Here you can find the images:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_vrp_7db9bBVmtGbmtUZmJBRWs

Best regards

Martin

Girvin Herr-3 Girvin Herr-3

Re: Drawing electrical symbols (images on dropbox)

On 09/29/2016 10:34 AM, Martin Marmsoler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to draw a schematic with electrical symbols. First I draw the
> symbol and then I placed the glue points and then I created a group of the
> hole symbol. I created a new theme in the gallery and moved the symbol in
> this (pic1, 1.). But when I try to use the symbol and drag them out of the
> gallery the glue points don't exist anymore (pic1, 2.). I can make just a
> connection to the points of the border (Is there a possibility to delete
> this points?). Is there a possibility to save the glue points too?
> I took some symbols like the inductor out of the "freie-schaltzeichen"
> library and there the preview of the symbols looks much better(pic2, left)
> then my one (pic2,right) when I drag my symbols into a new library. How can
> I get the same quality of symbol previews?
> Here you can find the images:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_vrp_7db9bBVmtGbmtUZmJBRWs
>
> Best regards
>
> Martin

Martin,

This sounds like using the wrong tool.  Have you looked at gEDA:

http://www.geda-project.org/

What you want is gschem, the schematic capture application.  I use it
all the time for drawing schematics, and it includes a symbol library,
however, your own symbols are easily created and used.  You don't say
what your OS is, but there is a windows version of gEDA available.

HTH.

Girvin Herr

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: Drawing electrical symbols (images on dropbox)

       Of the 3, only the first is a viewable image; the other 2 state not
available, ...
          the 2nd shows a menu ... the 3rd shows a blank box.

       Did you draw these then upload to the computer? -
          if so, then re-scan then re-upload.

       did you use some computer program to draw these? -
          maybe someone on this list can explain to you how to use the draw
feature in LO.

       did you use another's computer program? -
          maybe they would have a help forum for you to request information.

       Hoping this helps in some minute way,

From: Martin Marmsoler <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Drawing electrical symbols (images on dropbox)
To: [hidden email]

I'm trying to draw a schematic with electrical symbols. First I draw the
symbol and then I placed the glue points and then I created a group of the
whole symbol. I created a new theme in the gallery and moved the symbol in

fudmer rieley fudmer rieley

Re: Drawing electrical symbols (images on dropbox)

http://www.geda-project.org/
what happened to this project.  it seems to be non functional?
Linux as a platofrm is not faring well against M*..?
what is the problem?

political statement as of Sept. 15, 2016

Sue Grommit, One Wake Up Lane, the Cloud.

No self - respecting robot would vote for either a Republican or a Democrat!

Lest we shall forget ¨unchallenged¨: private power through philanthropy
and  nonprofits (PAC money) threatens the entire democratic process
https://www.amacad.org/content/publications/pubContent.aspx?d=1049

Oligarchs use political system to divide and control Americans. The
elected are taxpayer paid salaried officials, authorized to write the
laws oligarchs dictate.  Elected officials force Americans to pay
$15,538 to each foreigner ($124.5 billion).  Dog saves owner, owner
beats dog. see  http://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf  and
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/U.S._Assistance_to_Israel1.html
No wonder our nation is broke.

Why should Americans believe political parties, which are composed of
politicians, benefactors, and media enabled propaganda puppets, to be
the proper people to designate the 527 people who shall spy on, tax,
regulate, dictate to, and forcibly control behaviors, health, life-style
and financial circumstances of 330,000,000 Americans?  Consider this link:

http://www.truth-out.org/opinion/item/37115-how-the-gop-s-cynical-
election-strategy-is-imploding

For my 70 yrs we have elected 5 of the 527 salaried puppets of the
political parties with only down hill results.. Each election the party
Oligarchs cull out all but 527 persons, and present them on election
ballots, for the sheep in America to select their five each votes from
(president(1/1),VP(1 of1), senate(2/100) and house (1 vote of 425).
Adds to 527, but you get to vote for only 5 of them. Consider this link:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/02/meet-the-billionaires-
manipulating-the-u-s-presidential-election.html

NONE of these selected for you, salaried elected party puppets have
delivered quality of life benefits to Americans.  instead they respond
to the needs of the Oligarchs.  Worse, all have participated in curtailing
much of the democracy Americans sought in defeating the British,
and they have gone dark and hidden from view, their governing
activities.

These party puppets have installed hidden 24/7 technology designed to
spy on, collect, store, and process our personal, health, and activity
data for propaganda and future prosecutorial use?  Our behavior is
micro managed by computers interacting with our lives and their laws.

The 527 puppets of the oligarch controlled political party system have
federalized our local school systems and our local banks, monopolized
the software and energy businesses, and moved them and the jobs that
go with them overseas.

The 527 puppets have given our tax monies to failed Wall Street
Oligarchs and to foreign nations,
http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2016/08/13/479869/US-aid-Israel-illegal-
   (see dept of defense gag order WNP-136..)
or they have used our taxes to conduct
secret foreign wars and when pauses occur they have invented ways to
convert our tax money into Oligarch wealth.

According to http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/media-con2.JPG
90% of the media is controlled by 6 companies and 232 media executive.  Scary?????

In desperation, many Americans are planning to write-in on the ballot
a single candidate to occupy each and every elected office in the USA:
hopefully, our write in candidate will win all 527 positions to remove
once and for all the party system and their oligarchs from our nation:

          Sue Grommit, One Wake Up Lane, the Cloud.

  fudmier, 2015-16

From information mass comes a little knowledge:
Education is a bureaucracy, learning is a biological activity,
knowledge is bio - processed,  available information; but
knowledge may be incomplete, conflicting or wrong. After the information fish is caught, it must be digested into knowledge.

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this e-mail may be confidential. It may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual(s) knowingly named in the address above. If you are the intended recipient, I hope that you will value the contents of this message and not respond to it inappropriately.   As a valid recipient, you acknowledge and agree that no part of this content,  is intended to be,  or actually is, professional advise (legal, regulatory, accounting, tax or other) , and as such should not be relied upon as, professional or consultative advise.

 This message, together with its various contents, may not be forwarded to others without the express, written, full and adequate consent of the message originator and like consents from, each of the contributors of the parts, if any, herein.  The message and contents are intended for appropriate intended informed recipients only.

 If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail or its contents.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the message. Thank you.

 To: [hidden email]
 Date: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 1:22 PM

 On 09/29/2016 10:34 AM,
 Martin Marmsoler wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm trying to
 draw a schematic with electrical symbols. First I draw
 the
 > symbol and then I placed the glue
 points and then I created a group of the
 > hole symbol. I created a new theme in the
 gallery and moved the symbol in
 > this
 (pic1, 1.). But when I try to use the symbol and drag them
 out of the
 > gallery the glue points
 don't exist anymore (pic1, 2.). I can make just a
 > connection to the points of the border (Is
 there a possibility to delete
 > this
 points?). Is there a possibility to save the glue points
 too?
 > I took some symbols like the
 inductor out of the "freie-schaltzeichen"
 > library and there the preview of the
 symbols looks much better(pic2, left)

 then my one (pic2,right) when I drag my symbols into a new
 library. How can
 > I get the same quality
 of symbol previews?
 > Here you can find
 the images:
 > https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_vrp_7db9bBVmtGbmtUZmJBRWs
 >
 > Best regards
 >
 > Martin

 Martin,

 This sounds like using the
 wrong tool.  Have you looked at gEDA:

 http://www.geda-project.org/

 What you want is gschem, the
 schematic capture application.  I use it
 all the time for drawing schematics, and it
 includes a symbol library,
 however, your
 own symbols are easily created and used.  You don't say

 what your OS is, but there is a windows
 version of gEDA available.

 HTH.

 Girvin
 Herr

 All messages sent to this list will be publicly
 archived and cannot be deleted