Drupal CMS development site live (The Realer Thing)

Wheatbix Wheatbix

Drupal CMS development site live (The Realer Thing)

As you all know, Drupal is being developed in line with the Steering
Committee decision to have Drupal implemented within 6 months
(Assuming it is ready).

The Drupal LibreOffice Development site is now at ....(Drumroll)
www.libreofficeaustralia.org

Sorry about the localisation, but I would love to re-use the domain
for an Australian group after the main site has been implemented on
libreoffice.org

Development is going well, mainly planning and back end stuff so far.
Great thanks to Ben, Carlos, Marc and Nino for their initial support
in developing such a brilliant framework to work within.

There are a couple of people working on the theme at the moment, so
the site doesn't look all that pretty at the moment, but we are
getting there.

We need help in the following areas:
Creating a beautiful Drupal 6.x theme - including advanced forum and
custom block themes
Configuring the WYSIWYG editor correctly
Developing workflows
Configuration of the automatic translation system (i18n)
Development of external communications - ie. mailing lists,
newsletter, subscriptions, post by email

If you can help in any of these areas please head to:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Website/Drupal_Strategy

At the current speed of development I would expect to have a fully
functioning site by about lunchtime, no, 2 months maybe depending on
what happens over christmas.

Again a big thanks to all those positive contributors and comments out
there. I have never seen a fully fledged drupal project development
site up and running of this standard so quickly.

P.S. Please stop working on the old development site, duh!

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Drupal CMS development site live (The Realer Thing)

Hi Michael, all!

Am Samstag, den 06.11.2010, 11:47 +0930 schrieb Michael Wheatland:
[...]

> The Drupal LibreOffice Development site is now at ....(Drumroll)
> www.libreofficeaustralia.org

Cool!

[...]

> We need help in the following areas:
> Creating a beautiful Drupal 6.x theme - including advanced forum and
> custom block themes

Concerning the visual design, it might be worth to wait until we have
something (more or less) final for the LibO 3.3. release. Since the beta
is expected to be released next week, it shouldn't take that much
time :-)

And by the way, since everybody here seems so extremely engaged, I
searched for the "old" files on my hard disk. Maybe interesting for you
to have a look at the originally planned (but not fully realized)
design.

http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/11/website-progress-and-looking-back.html

[...]

Regards,
Christoph

@ Marc: Just for the record - yes, I am listening here (trying to read
most of the posts, like on the other mailing lists, sigh). Thanks for
having that in mind :-)

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2010-11-06 10:52, Christoph Noack a écrit :

> @ Marc: Just for the record - yes, I am listening here (trying to read
> most of the posts, like on the other mailing lists, sigh). Thanks for
> having that in mind :-)

Thanks. :-)

Marc

Benjamin Horst Benjamin Horst

Re: Drupal CMS development site live (The Realer Thing)

Michael, Christoph, and all,

On Nov 6, 2010, at 10:52 AM, Christoph Noack wrote:
>> The Drupal LibreOffice Development site is now at ....(Drumroll)
>> www.libreofficeaustralia.org
>
> Cool!

Looks great!

>> We need help in the following areas:
>> Creating a beautiful Drupal 6.x theme - including advanced forum and
>> custom block themes
>
> Concerning the visual design, it might be worth to wait until we have
> something (more or less) final for the LibO 3.3. release. Since the beta
> is expected to be released next week, it shouldn't take that much
> time :-)

I spent a bit of time this weekend working on a Drupal theme based on the current site. I don't think I made great progress yet, but I would like to continue refining it.

Christoph--do you plan to modify the HTML and CSS to coincide with the LibO 3.3 release? Can you share the HTML and CSS with me directly if and when you make these updates?

> And by the way, since everybody here seems so extremely engaged, I
> searched for the "old" files on my hard disk. Maybe interesting for you
> to have a look at the originally planned (but not fully realized)
> design.
>
> http://luxate.blogspot.com/2010/11/website-progress-and-looking-back.html

Thanks for sharing this!

-Ben

Benjamin Horst
[hidden email]
646-464-2314 (Eastern)
www.solidoffice.com

Dave Johnson Dave Johnson

Re: Drupal CMS development site live (The Realer Thing)

When is the LibO 3.3 release going to be?