EPS images in ODT documents

Magnus Johansson Magnus Johansson

EPS images in ODT documents

Hello! I write books containing a lot of EPS images. When I have tried to use OpenOffice I have not been satisfied with the rendition of the inserted EPS images. Is LibreOffice better than OpenOffice in this respect?

Regards,
Magnus Johansson
Alexandro Colorado Alexandro Colorado

Re: EPS images in ODT documents

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Magnus Johansson <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello! I write books containing a lot of EPS images. When I have tried to
> use
> OpenOffice I have not been satisfied with the rendition of the inserted EPS
> images. Is LibreOffice better than OpenOffice in this respect?

I have had some discussions about the image rendering engine, and it seems
is very old. The 'codecs' are from the early nineties and there have not
being updated. Same with the HTML engine, hopefully LibreOffice will have
more desire in updating this things.

> Regards,
> Magnus Johansson

*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol
http://es.openoffice.org

RGB.ES RGB.ES

Re: EPS images in ODT documents

You already asked this on another email, I think... LibO do not render
EPS files, it only use the raster preview (when included). If, instead
of exporting to pdf, you print to a file with a postscript printer
driver, and then convert that file to pdf you will be fine.

Thanks for the information. Although I am probably not an enough skilled programmer I would like to help in some way with this feature.
Magnus Johansson Magnus Johansson

Re: EPS images in ODT documents

"If, instead of exporting to pdf, you print to a file with a postscript printer driver, and then convert that file to pdf you will be fine."

No, it is not about exporting to PDF, it is what you get in the ODT document, both on screen and on print-out.