Edit a style

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg

Edit a style

Am I the only one who can't edit styles?
I right click on and click Edit, but no dialogue shows up. Just want to
make sure this is a real bug before reporting it. Creating new styles works
fine.

LibreOffice Calc 6.1.4.2
Manjaro Linux

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: Edit a style

Hi,

I can edit styles in Writer, Calc, and Impress without problems, both
from the side panel or from the style name drop-down.

Version: 6.1.4.2
Fedora 28

Sorry!

Rémy.

Le mardi 01 janvier 2019 à 19:03 +0100, Johnny Rosenberg a écrit :

> Am I the only one who can't edit styles?
> I right click on and click Edit, but no dialogue shows up. Just want to
> make sure this is a real bug before reporting it. Creating new styles works
> fine.
>
> LibreOffice Calc 6.1.4.2
> Manjaro Linux
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: Edit a style

Hi Johnny,

> Am I the only one who can't edit styles?
> I right click on and click Edit, but no dialogue shows up. Just want to
> make sure this is a real bug before reporting it. Creating new styles works
> fine.

I could right click and click "Modify" - no "Edit" there. And "Modify"
will show the dialogue for "Cell Style" in Calc.

My LO-version: 6.1.4.2, OpenSUSE 15, 64bit rpm Linux.

> LibreOffice Calc 6.1.4.2
> Manjaro Linux

Do you use the version from your distribution or from LO directly?

Could it be the dialogue will be opened in the background of the
Calc-window? Try to change, not minimize, the size of the Calc-window to
look for the dialogue.

Regards

Robert

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg

Re: Edit a style

Den tis 1 jan. 2019 kl 20:41 skrev Robert Großkopf <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi Johnny,
>
> > Am I the only one who can't edit styles?
> > I right click on and click Edit, but no dialogue shows up. Just want to
> > make sure this is a real bug before reporting it. Creating new styles
> works
> > fine.
>
> I could right click and click "Modify" - no "Edit" there. And "Modify"
> will show the dialogue for "Cell Style" in Calc.

Yes, Modify is probably correct. I didn't switch the graphical user
interface to English this time, I clicked ”Ändra” (which is Swedish for
change, modify, edit and things like that).

> My LO-version: 6.1.4.2, OpenSUSE 15, 64bit rpm Linux.
> >
> > LibreOffice Calc 6.1.4.2
> > Manjaro Linux
>
> Do you use the version from your distribution or from LO directly?

Well, I use Manjaro which supports neither rpm nor deb, so I'm kind of
stuck to the Arch version (Manjaro is built on Arch). I guess I could
compile the original source code myself, but I didn't do that, so it's the
Arch edition.

> Could it be the dialogue will be opened in the background of the
> Calc-window? Try to change, not minimize, the size of the Calc-window to
> look for the dialogue.

Thanks for your suggestion, but after a few experiments I realise that
maybe my file is corrupted. I think I originally made it in Excel 97 many,
many years ago, that could probably be the issue here. I tried with an
empty spreadsheet and I could easily modify my styles.

So I apologise for not doing my tests before writing here, and I thank you
again for replying.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg