Editing and authoring user manuals

Marcus Mackaku Marcus Mackaku

Editing and authoring user manuals

How does one edit or author a user manual? Do I have to rewrite/write a
chapter and upload/submit it?

--
Marcus Kgosi

TomD TomD

Re: Editing and authoring user manuals

Hi :)
At the moment you have to request that someone registers you on the
ODFauthors website.  Then just wait for one of the 2 people who can set-up
an ODFauthors account to set one up for you and send you the login
details.

Both are very busy and rarely around.

Alternatively you could work on the wiki where you can register yourself
and just get on with it - or on the inbuilt-help.  Both areas have been
suffering from a desperate shortage of people.

On 20 May 2015 at 11:48, Marcus Mackaku <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How does one edit or author a user manual? Do I have to rewrite/write a
> chapter and upload/submit it?
>
> --
> Marcus Kgosi

Sigrid Carrera Sigrid Carrera

Re: Editing and authoring user manuals

Hello Marcus,

I am one of those 2 busy people, that Tom mentioned...
I have set up an account for you on ODFAuthors - you should have received
an email with a link to set your password.

With this account you can even see documents, that aren't published yet.
You can download any file and modify it and re-upload it to the website.

If you inform us here about your new uploads, then we can check /
proofread, what you've done and give you feedback.

Welcome to the team!

/Sigrid

On 20 May 2015 at 12:48, Marcus Mackaku <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How does one edit or author a user manual? Do I have to rewrite/write a
> chapter and upload/submit it?
>
> --
> Marcus Kgosi

Dave Barton Dave Barton

Re: Editing and authoring user manuals

Just to add my 2ยข. Yes, Sigrid is a busy person, but is normally around
and quick to help, allowing for international time zone differences.

On the ODFAuthors site take a look at:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/resources-for-contributers
The info is a bit dated and I am trying to find the time to work on it,
but it should give you a reasonable guide to how LO authoring works.

Welcome to the team!

Dave