Email Connection suddenly refused

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Email Connection suddenly refused

Suddenly today my email credentials are
      being rejected by the mail server.Is there a mail server issue?RegardsDave
Guilhem Moulin Guilhem Moulin

Re: Email Connection suddenly refused

On Tue, 20 Aug 2019 at 20:27:01 +0100, Dave Barton wrote:
> Suddenly today my email credentials are being rejected by the mail
> server.Is there a mail server issue?RegardsDave

Which server?  JPBerlin, for @libreoffice.org addresses?  This service
is not managed by TDF's infra team.

They disabled SASL authentication mechanisms other than PLAIN (and
LOGIN):

    $ openssl s_client -connect mail.jpberlin.de:993
    […]
    * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 … AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] …

If your MUA is supporting auto-configuration with .well-known URIs that's
what it should have picked:
https://libreoffice.org/.well-known/autoconfig/mail/config-v1.1.xml

--
Guilhem.

Ilmari Lauhakangas Ilmari Lauhakangas

Dave Barton kirjoitti 20.8.2019 klo 22.27:
> Suddenly today my email credentials are
>        being rejected by the mail server.Is there a mail server issue?RegardsDave

Regarding libreoffice.org emails, in Thunderbird, I set the
authentication method to Normal password and it worked again.

Ilmari

Dave Barton-4 Dave Barton-4

Re: Email Connection suddenly refused

Thanks GuilhemIlmari,Finally Thunderbird accurately reported what the problem was and I
    changed to normal password to resolve the issue.RegardsDaveOn 21.08.2019 04:17, Ilmari Lauhakangas
      wrote:
Dave
      Barton kirjoitti 20.8.2019 klo 22.27:Suddenly today my email credentials are       being rejected by the mail server.Is there a mail server
        issue?RegardsDaveRegarding libreoffice.org emails, in Thunderbird, I set the
      authentication method to Normal password and it worked again.Ilmari