Emailing documents...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
zed zed
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Emailing documents...

Using LO v4.2.6.3 on LinuxMint v17 Qiana MATE.

I have two email clients on the computer.  Thunderbird, which is set up
for my wife's  use, and MessengerPro which I use.

LO has been set up to point to MessengerPro </usr/local/bin/messengerpro>
for sending documents by email but does not honour that path, inasmuch as
it opens Thunderbird each time.

My wife does not have a user account on the computer and I have not set
one up as it would confuse her.  She only uses the computer for email,
browsing the internet and playing card games.

LinuxMint Control Panel contains a Preferred Applications facility but the
only choices in Email are Thunderbird and KMail.

Is anyone able to suggest how I may solve the problem, please?

David
--
David Love
Divorce, n. The past tense of marriage

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emailing documents...

Hi :)
Does Chapter 10 in the "Getting Started" guide help at all?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

Hopefully someone else can give a more tailored answer or maybe just ask
the right questions in order to incover the answer.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)


On 23 October 2014 05:12, David Love <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using LO v4.2.6.3 on LinuxMint v17 Qiana MATE.
>
> I have two email clients on the computer.  Thunderbird, which is set up
> for my wife's  use, and MessengerPro which I use.
>
> LO has been set up to point to MessengerPro </usr/local/bin/messengerpro>
> for sending documents by email but does not honour that path, inasmuch as
> it opens Thunderbird each time.
>
> My wife does not have a user account on the computer and I have not set
> one up as it would confuse her.  She only uses the computer for email,
> browsing the internet and playing card games.
>
> LinuxMint Control Panel contains a Preferred Applications facility but the
> only choices in Email are Thunderbird and KMail.
>
> Is anyone able to suggest how I may solve the problem, please?
>
> David
> --
> David Love
> Divorce, n. The past tense of marriage
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
zed zed
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emailing documents...

Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 23 October 2014 05:12, David Love <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using LO v4.2.6.3 on LinuxMint v17 Qiana MATE.

 > I have two email clients on the computer.  Thunderbird, which is set
 > up for my wife's  use, and MessengerPro which I use.
 > LO has been set up to point to MessengerPro
 > </usr/local/bin/messengerpro> for sending documents by email but does
 > not honour that path, inasmuch as it opens Thunderbird each time.
 >
 > My wife does not have a user account on the computer and I have not
 > set one up as it would confuse her.  She only uses the computer for
 > email, browsing the internet and playing card games.
 >
 > LinuxMint Control Panel contains a Preferred Applications facility but
 > the only choices in Email are Thunderbird and KMail.

> Is anyone able to suggest how I may solve the problem, please?


>> Hi :) Does Chapter 10 in the "Getting Started" guide help at all?
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

Unfortunately. no!

> Hopefully someone else can give a more tailored answer or maybe just ask
> the right questions in order to incover the answer. Good luck and
> regards from Tom :)

I hope so, too.  I have put this problem to the LionuxMint Forum, too, but
as it appears to be a LO probable,m in not heeding the correct path, I
thought this mailing list was the more appropriate place.

David
--
David Love
Do more than anyone expects, and pretty soon everyone will expect more  

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Sigrid Carrera Sigrid Carrera
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emailing documents...

In reply to this post by zed
Hi,


On 23 October 2014 06:12, David Love <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Using LO v4.2.6.3 on LinuxMint v17 Qiana MATE.
>

I am just wondering.... is this the vanilla version of LibreOffice (the
version directly downloaded from the LibreOffice website) or is it a
version, that was installed through the Linux Mint repositories (and
therefore might be a modified version)?


>
> I have two email clients on the computer.  Thunderbird, which is set up
> for my wife's  use, and MessengerPro which I use.
>
> LO has been set up to point to MessengerPro </usr/local/bin/messengerpro>
> for sending documents by email but does not honour that path, in as much as
> it opens Thunderbird each time.
>

[...]


> Is anyone able to suggest how I may solve the problem, please?
>

If you're running not the version from LibreOffice directly, it might be
worth a try to uninstall the LinuxMint version of LO and install the
"upstream" version.

Sigrid

Divorce, n. The past tense of marriage

>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
TomD TomD
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Emailing documents...

Hi :)
You could try installing the "upstream" version alongside your existing one
but that can get confusing.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

Also in LO in the menus does;

Tools - Options - Paths

show a relevant path that just needs correcting?


With Mint, and other *buntus and clones i think you set which email client
is the default for the whole OS.  Then your normal notifications system
lets you know when an email arrives even if you don't have the emailer
open.  Also probably lets you click somewhere near the clock to write a
message without properly opening your emailer.

Wrt cross-posting here and on the Mint forums i have to say that it seems
extremely sensible and probably "good practice" to do so.  Whichever one
gets the answer first try to give a link to it in the other ones thread.
To get a url link for this email thread maybe try our Nabble interface.
Alternatively just copy&paste the most helpful answer into the thread that
didn't quite get there in time.

Regards from
Tom :)




On 23 October 2014 10:02, Sigrid Carrera <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>
> On 23 October 2014 06:12, David Love <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Using LO v4.2.6.3 on LinuxMint v17 Qiana MATE.
> >
>
> I am just wondering.... is this the vanilla version of LibreOffice (the
> version directly downloaded from the LibreOffice website) or is it a
> version, that was installed through the Linux Mint repositories (and
> therefore might be a modified version)?
>
>
> >
> > I have two email clients on the computer.  Thunderbird, which is set up
> > for my wife's  use, and MessengerPro which I use.
> >
> > LO has been set up to point to MessengerPro </usr/local/bin/messengerpro>
> > for sending documents by email but does not honour that path, in as much
> as
> > it opens Thunderbird each time.
> >
>
> [...]
>
>
> > Is anyone able to suggest how I may solve the problem, please?
> >
>
> If you're running not the version from LibreOffice directly, it might be
> worth a try to uninstall the LinuxMint version of LO and install the
> "upstream" version.
>
> Sigrid
>
> Divorce, n. The past tense of marriage
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> > Problems?
> > http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> > Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> > List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> > All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> > deleted
> >
> >
>
> --
> To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
> Problems?
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
> List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted