English subtitles to the French video collection

sophi sophi

English subtitles to the French video collection

Hi Olivier, all,

Pierre-Yves has added English subtitles to one of the videos he has made:
https://youtu.be/FCz3kzTfyoU

Could we advertised it on the international channels
He is interested to go on with other videos but would like to have your
opinion before proceeding.
For information, the whole collection is here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0APTipioCC2VRFoUnX8VtQ/videos
and also on the TDF official channel.

Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: English subtitles to the French video collection

Em 10/07/2017 08:54, Sophie escreveu:

> Hi Olivier, all,
>
> Pierre-Yves has added English subtitles to one of the videos he has made:
> https://youtu.be/FCz3kzTfyoU
>
> Could we advertised it on the international channels
> He is interested to go on with other videos but would like to have your
> opinion before proceeding.
> For information, the whole collection is here
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0APTipioCC2VRFoUnX8VtQ/videos
> and also on the TDF official channel.
>
> Cheers
> Sophie

Hi Sophie

The videos are well done. I watched a couple of them.

I think it worth to insert captions, and if Pierre is willing to
organize a video library that can turn into a must-have for LO
documentation I am ready to help with many suggestions.

Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice
http://tdf.io/joinus

sophi sophi

Re: English subtitles to the French video collection

Hi Olivier,
Le 13/07/2017 à 15:28, Olivier Hallot a écrit :

> Em 10/07/2017 08:54, Sophie escreveu:
>> Hi Olivier, all,
>>
>> Pierre-Yves has added English subtitles to one of the videos he has made:
>> https://youtu.be/FCz3kzTfyoU
>>
>> Could we advertised it on the international channels
>> He is interested to go on with other videos but would like to have your
>> opinion before proceeding.
>> For information, the whole collection is here
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0APTipioCC2VRFoUnX8VtQ/videos
>> and also on the TDF official channel.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
>>
> Hi Sophie
>
> The videos are well done. I watched a couple of them.
>
> I think it worth to insert captions, and if Pierre is willing to
> organize a video library that can turn into a must-have for LO
> documentation I am ready to help with many suggestions.

Thanks a lot! I'll pass your answer and will follow-up with him.
Cheers
Sophie

pierre-yves samyn pierre-yves samyn

Re: English subtitles to the French video collection

Hi Olivier, all,

I just registered to this list.

I'm one of the french maintainers of the french wiki. I have long been
active as a support for users (forum, mailing lists, Ask) and as a contributor
to the translation of the documentation.

Today I devote myself mainly to the wiki, to the making of videos,
and when possible, to answer questions (Ask).

The videos (about 120 so far) are published on the French channel of our
youtube channel. It seemed interesting to me to add the English subtitles
to increase their scope.

So thank you for the encouragements :)

I added the subtitles to a second video:

Make screenshots of dialogs

One of the first questions I ask myself is how to make the English-speaking
world aware of the availability of these videos?

I do not subscribe to social networks (except google by obligation to upload the videos)

I read with great interest Olivier's proposal "to organize a video library".

I am open to any suggestions... What is the best way to proceed?

That said ... I am lucky to be able to take almost a month of vacation
starting next week.  I could not be active again on this subject until September

Best Regards
Pierre-Yves